Thread: Auction Ottrott

Windrider (Stubborn)

Auction Ottrott

Finally built up the Ottrott ST that I bought on the Serotta site auction.
    Hope you like it.

Len

PS. Yea, I know....it needs a black seatpost. This was one I had laying around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auction Ottrott-ottrott-001.jpg   Auction Ottrott-ottrott-004.jpg   Auction Ottrott-ottrott-005.jpg   Auction Ottrott-ottrott-006.jpg   Auction Ottrott-ottrott-009.jpg  

Last edited by Len J; 05-07-2004 at 05:40 PM.

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Love to climb
    Mar 2004
    Very nice. Enjoy every minute of your many rides.

Unrepentant Mountainbiker

Beutiful bike

I was surprised to see a triple on it. Do you have some really steep stuff to climb where you live?
    It's no fun unless it hurts!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    I dig the yellow ... looks great with the carbon tubes! Interested in hearing your comparison with a Legend.

Windrider (Stubborn)

No steep stuff..........

where I live. In fact, where I live is flat. Because of that, when I do go somewhere that has climbs, the triple helps. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Len

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Fez
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002

Looks different than the other one.

I'm just going off of memory here, but this bike looks bigger than the other one.

Looks like a taller HT and less standover clearance. Or maybe you changed your riding position?

Either way, it looks nice. Lets hear a detailed comparison on this versus the all-titanium frame.

banned
    Very sweet. My Serotta has a more old school look with the old school stem.

Nice ride.

by the way, here is my stem on my Serotta.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auction Ottrott-129-2954_img.jpg  
    Last edited by spankdoggie; 05-08-2004 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Because I can

Windrider (Stubborn)

No, exact same position.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fez
    I'm just going off of memory here, but this bike looks bigger than the other one.

Looks like a taller HT and less standover clearance. Or maybe you changed your riding position?

Either way, it looks nice. Lets hear a detailed comparison on this versus the all-titanium frame.
    Just has a taller seat tube and Head tube, with less standover. Fit is exactly the same.

Len

Windrider (Stubborn)

Did 120 miles over the weekend on the OTTROTT and........

then 20 on the Legend.

20 Friday Ottrott
    50 Sat Ottrott
    50 Sunday Ottrott 20 Legend

Still dialing in Stem and Seat. I need to replace the stem with a 100 (will be doing it this week) and don't have the seat angle set yet, so the seat comfort is not optimal, but first impressions are the Ottrott is more responsive (stiffer) and at the same time smoother (more comfortable)......it's hard to put into words yet.

I plan on riding hard this weekend, switching back and forth between bikes (this time with the right stem and the same seat) and posting a more detailed comparison later.

First impression is that the Ottrott is a better bike......first impression is that the difference doesn't justify the $2,200 difference in retail suggested price.........Getting it at the auction price I did changes the cost/benefit quite a bit. Of course, on a pure cost benefit comparison, it's hard to justify the Legend, or any high end bike........as in most things Bike related, each increment in performance costs ever increasing amounts of money.

Cost aside......there is clearly a difference in ride.

Len

Fez
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Len J
    then 20 on the Legend.

20 Friday Ottrott
    50 Sat Ottrott
    50 Sunday Ottrott 20 Legend

Still dialing in Stem and Seat. I need to replace the stem with a 100 (will be doing it this week) and don't have the seat angle set yet, so the seat comfort is not optimal, but first impressions are the Ottrott is more responsive (stiffer) and at the same time smoother (more comfortable)......it's hard to put into words yet.

I plan on riding hard this weekend, switching back and forth between bikes (this time with the right stem and the same seat) and posting a more detailed comparison later.

First impression is that the Ottrott is a better bike......first impression is that the difference doesn't justify the $2,200 difference in retail suggested price.........Getting it at the auction price I did changes the cost/benefit quite a bit. Of course, on a pure cost benefit comparison, it's hard to justify the Legend, or any high end bike........as in most things Bike related, each increment in performance costs ever increasing amounts of money.

Cost aside......there is clearly a difference in ride.

Len
    Len:

You said the dimensions were all the same between the 2 bikes, just higher HT and ST. But now you say you don't know the seat angle of the carbon one.

Are the 2 bikes really the same, or just close? Since one is vertically larger, could it affect the comparison?

And do they both have the same fork?

Windrider (Stubborn)

I'm confused, let me clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Fez
    Len:

You said the dimensions were all the same between the 2 bikes, just higher HT and ST. But now you say you don't know the seat angle of the carbon one.

Are the 2 bikes really the same, or just close? Since one is vertically larger, could it affect the comparison?

And do they both have the same fork?
    Seat Angles are exactly the same......Seat itself is different Prolink on Ottrott, Rolls on Legend..
    HT angles are the same
    HT extensions are the same
    2 degree TT slope is exactly the same
    Chainstays are the same length

The only differences between the two Bikes are:

1. 1 CM longer Seat tube on Ottrott
    2. 1 CM longer TT on Ottrott
    3. 80 degree 110 stem on Legend
    4. 84 degree 110 stem on Ottrott
    5. shorter reach WCS bars on Ottrott
    6. Longer reach Nitto STI bars on Legend

Seatpost on Ottrott has more setback so I am tweaking to get the seats in exactly the same place

All other angles are the same.
    Fork rakes are exactly the same
    BB Drop is exactly the same

When I said the dimensions were all the same, I was speaking of the three contact points and distance between them. I wanted to start with the same length stem figuring that the higer rise stem and shorter reach bars and the longer TT on the Ottrott would put the hoods in a similar place to the lower rise stem and the longer reach bars and the 1 cm shorter TT on the Legend. After riding it for 120 miles, I think I want to try a shorter stem.

Have I confused you more, or am I just screwed up.

Len