Thread: aztec vibe wrap

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

aztec vibe wrap

well, i searched...found a couple threads about this aztec vibe wrap from a couple years ago, most of which said they'd post up their results after long-term testing. wellllll, seen as how the aztec section is missing from the review section, and the threads i found hadn't been bumped in 4 years, i'm wondering if it's a sound investment to get the vibe wrap for a commuter bike.

Slippery Old Devil
    You lose a lot of the padding from Vibe Wrap when you wrap the bars tight enough so your bar tape doesn't slip. Try Bike Ribbon Gel (medium). I cut it into sections for a customized fit. Bike Tires Direct has it.

RoadBikeReview Member

Talking All I can tell you...

...is that it works like a charm for me. I got two Titus Oseos from Colorado Cyclist last year, they wrapped both sets of bars with Aztec Vibe Wrap, and it works just great for me...
    Go big, or take up bowling...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji
    well, i searched...found a couple threads about this aztec vibe wrap from a couple years ago, most of which said they'd post up their results after long-term testing. wellllll, seen as how the aztec section is missing from the review section, and the threads i found hadn't been bumped in 4 years, i'm wondering if it's a sound investment to get the vibe wrap for a commuter bike.
    I've used it. I like the feel of a thicker diameter bar. However, taking the aztec wrap off the bar is a real pain in the ass. I now use the Fizik polymer padding and bar wrap which I much prefer.