Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8

    Bear Cycles Big Rock 1 - Anybody ride one?

    Cross posting from the Bikes, Frames, Forks section.
    Bear Cycles - Anybody ride one?

    Looking for info on Bear Bicycles. They sell them at Mike's and I've heard they're basically a chinese carbon frame "branded" as Bear, which would be okay as long as it rides good.

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_roadie View Post
    Cross posting from the Bikes, Frames, Forks section.
    Bear Cycles - Anybody ride one?

    Looking for info on Bear Bicycles. They sell them at Mike's and I've heard they're basically a chinese carbon frame "branded" as Bear, which would be okay as long as it rides good.
    https://mikesbikes.com/product-list/...ifornia-pg1977

  3. #3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8
    Thanks. I have that info. I guess I should have been more clear. I'm looking for first hand ride reviews.

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,148
    Curious why you would pay about the same money for a bike with a no name builder that lacks the cache of big brands and without the reliability or performance reputation based upon lack of nos. on the road that will likely have poorer resale?

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_roadie View Post
    Thanks. I have that info. I guess I should have been more clear. I'm looking for first hand ride reviews.
    I linked it because your link went back to your original post.

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by 11spd View Post
    Curious why you would pay about the same money for a bike with a no name builder that lacks the cache of big brands and without the reliability or performance reputation based upon lack of nos. on the road that will likely have poorer resale?
    Because I can get a pretty good deal on one and the geometry works for me... at least from an initial fit and quick ride around the parking lot.

    But you're exactly right, not seeing them on the road and not getting any comments here has me a bit skeptical and wondering why I'm getting a good deal...

    Still looking for anybody who has one, owned one, or ridden one?

Similar Threads

  1. Bear Cycles - Anybody ride one?
    By mtb_roadie in forum Bikes, Frames and Forks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2018, 02:05 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2016, 12:55 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 10:22 AM
  4. Poppa Bear, Momma Bear, and Baby bear...
    By iridepinarello in forum Pinarello
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 06:14 AM
  5. anybody riding Big Bear?
    By 853 in forum Southern California
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 09:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

roadbikereview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.