RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2007

Best eyewear for dry eyes?

Yo

So I have an issue with an eye getting dry easily. So I got a pair of Giro Haviks, thinking they would block the wind because they are so big. Not only are they big and hideous, but they let air in, seemingly for anti-fog purposes. So a failure.

So, anyone who has similar issues find eyewear that is effective for this?

Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    I have a similar problem and use something called the Blueye v1 extreme. They will fog up in wet humid conditions otherwise they have saved me. Blueye.com.au they are an Australian company.

So. Calif.
    So-called "shooting glasses" are very wrap around, look decent, usually have good quality of polycarbonate lenses, and are surprisingly inexpensive (typically under $15).

Eg, search for "Remington T-72 shooting glasses" at Amazon.com. Several tints available.

I wear RGP contact lenses and am very sensitive to wind and dust. Shooting glasses have been great for me.

n00bsauce
    Quote Originally Posted by teapotter
    Yo

So I have an issue with an eye getting dry easily. So I got a pair of Giro Haviks, thinking they would block the wind because they are so big. Not only are they big and hideous, but they let air in, seemingly for anti-fog purposes. So a failure.

So, anyone who has similar issues find eyewear that is effective for this?

Thanks!
    There is no answer that anyone can give you because how glasses fit is very personal. The shape of your face and the glasses have to mesh. The only way to find out is to try on a bunch and see what fits. What you want is a pair that fits closely and follows the contours of your face. They need to wrap around and hug the sides of your face, your cheek bones, your eyebrows and the bridge of your nose to keep out wind. Large glasses will never do the trick because they won't hug your face tightly enough.

Like was said, tight fitting glasses can fog in the right conditions but that just means you're not riding fast enough.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson