RoadBikeReview Member

Bib shorts: Hincapie vs Vermarc?

I'm thinking of buying a LBS's kit. I think they previously had their kits made by Vermarc, but now have them made by Hincapie.

I have a jersey made by Hincapie and I like it despite the disco-silver panels on the shoulders. But i've never tried Hincapie bibs nor Vermarc bibs.

I have no idea what the bib name/model is in either brand. The Vermarc are about $130 and the Hincapie's are $99.

Any experience with bibs from these companies?

classiquesklassieker
    Quote Originally Posted by jeebus
    I'm thinking of buying a LBS's kit. I think they previously had their kits made by Vermarc, but now have them made by Hincapie.

I have a jersey made by Hincapie and I like it despite the disco-silver panels on the shoulders. But i've never tried Hincapie bibs nor Vermarc bibs.

I have no idea what the bib name/model is in either brand. The Vermarc are about $130 and the Hincapie's are $99.

Any experience with bibs from these companies?
    The high-end Hincapie is SUPER nice. My team used them for a few years. Never tried the lower-end Hincapie stuff.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2009
    The custom Hincapie stuff is made in a different place than regular Hincapie apparel. I've used Hincapie Power bibs before and they were comfortable. They had a section that was like a mesh around the chamois that was actually see-through so I had to stop wearing them or lose friends. They were in that $99 range so they are probably similar. Just check for the see-through mesh, otherwise pretty comfortable for long rides. I've never ridden Vermac to compare though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cs1
    If common sense was common internet forums would be out of business.