RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004

Smile Can some one help identify a Beautiful Bianchi

Posted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:19 pm Post subject: Who can identify this Bianchi?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I will admit I know next to nothing about Bianchi. I know they are the oldest bike manufacturer or at least close to the oldest and that Jan Ullrich rides one. But that's it. You can normally find me on both the Serotta and Calfee web boards, but I felt this board was the best place to come for answers about a new(though not new)addition to my stable.

It was just luck, I guess, that my Sister in Law ended up with my ex Brother in Laws Bianchi after their divorce. She doesn't ride and I guess he might not either, at least for now.

So, can someone help identify this beautiful bike for me?

Celest Green with chromed seat stays, chain stays and front forks.
    Decal on the seat tube says: Columbus
    ACCIAIO NIVACROM
    over size
    extra EL Leggeri

Decal on left chain stay directly behind bottom bracket:
    costruita nel reparto corse

There are numbers on the underside of the bottom bracket

the number '59' and 'D1007'
    The fork decal says:
    Columbus
    Foderi unicrown
    EL

I measured the frame it is actually 57 from c to c with a top tube of approx. 57.3 c to c.

As far as components; Shimano Dura-ace 172.5 crank
    Dia compe brue brakes
    Zipp carbon hubs w/Mavic open pro rims
    Syncros Ti seatpost
    Fizik pave saddle
    3TTT handle bar
    stronglight headset

I don't know what I am going to do with it. It is pretty, and I'm sure as hell going to ride it for a while, but I think my Sister in Law could use the money.

If any of you can help me identify the year and approx value your knowledge and kindness would be greatly appreciated.

J Kent

Coco Puff
    [QUOTE=jekent3]Posted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:19 pm Post subject: Who can identify this Bianchi?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it may be from between '93-'95. If it fits you it would be a very fine ride, made even better with a full Campagnolo Chorus group. ;-)

If it is nice shape and fits you it would be a good bike for 400-500 bucks or so. If you can get it for less so much the better, but you won't be out money in that price range as it should be a very nice ride indeed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jekent3
    Posted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:19 pm Post subject: Who can identify this Bianchi?

Okay, I will admit I know next to nothing about Bianchi. I know they are the oldest bike manufacturer or at least close to the oldest and that Jan Ullrich rides one. But that's it. You can normally find me on both the Serotta and Calfee web boards, but I felt this board was the best place to come for answers about a new(though not new)addition to my stable.

It was just luck, I guess, that my Sister in Law ended up with my ex Brother in Laws Bianchi after their divorce. She doesn't ride and I guess he might not either, at least for now.

So, can someone help identify this beautiful bike for me?

Celest Green with chromed seat stays, chain stays and front forks.
    Decal on the seat tube says: Columbus
    ACCIAIO NIVACROM
    over size
    extra EL Leggeri

Decal on left chain stay directly behind bottom bracket:
    costruita nel reparto corse

There are numbers on the underside of the bottom bracket

the number '59' and 'D1007'
    The fork decal says:
    Columbus
    Foderi unicrown
    EL

I measured the frame it is actually 57 from c to c with a top tube of approx. 57.3 c to c.

As far as components; Shimano Dura-ace 172.5 crank
    Dia compe brue brakes
    Zipp carbon hubs w/Mavic open pro rims
    Syncros Ti seatpost
    Fizik pave saddle
    3TTT handle bar
    stronglight headset

I don't know what I am going to do with it. It is pretty, and I'm sure as hell going to ride it for a while, but I think my Sister in Law could use the money.

If any of you can help me identify the year and approx value your knowledge and kindness would be greatly appreciated.

J Kent
    That's one of the top-of-the-line steel Bianchis from the early to mid-90s. The EL-OS tubeset is the giveaway for the timeframe. If it fits, ride the hell out of it, you'll never need a nicer bike. If you feel guilty, buy it from your sister-in-law, but don't let go of that bike unless it doesn't fit.

Nice ride.

--Shannon

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004

beautiful indeed

That's my baby - won my first race on it and haven't looked back.

Top of the line hand-made Italian frame from Bianchi's Reparto Corse (Race Department). I purchased as a frame only in May of '95 - I think the price was around $1000. Many miles on mine, still going strong. Comfortable ride, does everything well.