RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2002

Canari cycling shorts..

Anyone ride them??

I'm looking to get 3-4 pairs of shorts for the winter to ride solely on the trainer since I won't be getting out on the road much. I have some microsensors, but I don't want to put them through the wash several times a week. STP has their canari "pro" shorts for a good price, made even better by the online coupon. However, if I'm going to be chaffed all winter by the low quality of these shorts...I'll stick with the micros or buy some more.

Inputs?

But it's a dry heat...
    I own 3 pairs of Canari shorts -- not sure of the exact model though (Vortex?). Anyway, they fit really well and have held up remarkably well over the 3 years I have owned them. I've had 2 nasty MTB crashes on them and no rips...and they still look "new" after over a hundred washes (unlike the Cannondale shorts I own that fit *really* well but are starting to show their age after only 6 months).

The chamois in my Canari shorts isn't a 1-piece design like the chamois in my Cannondale shorts. But 3 yrs ago most chamois designs weren't 1-piece. I'd check into that before purchasing if you think a seam in the chamois might bother you (it didn't bother me).

Thx...Doug

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

Canari help also

Can you post a link to STP for Canair shorts?
    I bought a pair at REI a year ago, and they are great. They haven't had them since...

I would like to get some more.

Thanks,

tim

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2002

RoadBikeReview Member
    bought a pair this summer (not sure of the model), they are very comfortable but the leg grabbers are coming unstitched on both sides. FWIW bought two Canari jerseys, they look good, fit well, and are holding up fine...

Impulse Athletic Coaching
    What did you choose? How are they?

Team American Classic
    My team uses Canari clothing....fits very well and is quite comfortable. Make sure you get the upgraded chamois....

Flash

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flash
    My team uses Canari clothing....fits very well and is quite comfortable. Make sure you get the upgraded chamois....

Flash
    I hope you're not talking about their Gel Chamois. I gave away my pair, because the gel was think and bulky and gave me that old diaper feeling.

Team American Classic
    No, it's not gel....its actually thinner than their standard chamois which is more like foam than anything else. The "pro" version is more like what you find in a Castelli....

Flash

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flash
    No, it's not gel....its actually thinner than their standard chamois which is more like foam than anything else. The "pro" version is more like what you find in a Castelli....

Flash
    Thank God. While shorts are a personal choice like saddles and shoes, I can't see how anyone would find their gel shorts comfy. I may have to look into the pro version, if they are anything like the Castelli shorts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb2road
    I hope you're not talking about their Gel Chamois. I gave away my pair, because the gel was think and bulky and gave me that old diaper feeling.

I have a pair of those in my collection. They wound up a little loose too, compared with my pearl izumis for the same size. I guess one use for that bulky fleece covered gel chamois is winter riding ... otherwise prepare to sweat.