RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012

Cannondale SuperSix or Fuji SST 2.0?

Hey guys,

I'm making the transition from mountain bike to road bike because I'm getting a bit tired of driving to the trails.

I'd like to go with a carbon frame and Ultegra components and my price range is about $2400. The two that I like the most are the Cannondale SuperSix and the Fuji SST 2.0. The SST is a 2011 model year and the Cannondale is a 2012. I'm leaning toward the Fuji because I rally like the feel. It's really sharp and responsive.

Any red flags on the bike/frame/company that I should consider before taking the plung?

Ay help would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Crickets....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by M3LTW View Post
    I'm leaning toward the Fuji because I rally like the feel. It's really sharp and responsive.
    That's your answer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Crickets....
    Yep, THAT's your answer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The brand was as well-regarded as any back in the day. It fell on hard times, went into bankruptcy, and then re-emerged under new ownership. Most of their higher end frames are now built in Taiwan. From most online user reports, there are no red flags that should steer you away, if you like the bike's fit and handling better than the SS.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mpre53 View Post
    The brand was as well-regarded as any back in the day. It fell on hard times, went into bankruptcy, and then re-emerged under new ownership. Most of their higher end frames are now built in Taiwan. From most online user reports, there are no red flags that should steer you away, if you like the bike's fit and handling better than the SS.
    1 - Which brand are you referring to, Cannondale or Fuji?
    2 - Most companies build on their high-end frames in Taiwan these days so that's irrelevant.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Both are made in Taiwan so its totally irrelevent.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The OP was asking about red flags on Fuji. I try to answer questions as they're phrased. I'm aware that moost high end frames are made in Taiwan. While it may be irrelevant to you, or to me, I don't assume that thw OP doesn't think that they're still made in Japan.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mpre53 View Post
    The OP was asking about red flags on Fuji. I try to answer questions as they're phrased. I'm aware that moost high end frames are made in Taiwan. While it may be irrelevant to you, or to me, I don't assume that thw OP doesn't think that they're still made in Japan.
    Fuji wasn't bought. They bought Kestrel a few years back though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    ride them both then decide. my first carbon bike was a fuji sst. it's very stiff and looks good as well.it rides very well especially in cornering. it's just that the top tube is a little long for me and it's already their smallest frame. my cannondale is more comfortable but i still miss the stiffness of my former fuji sst.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something like poor service or known flaws with the bike, but it looks clear. Since I'm not that knowledgable on road bikes yet, I figured I'd throw the question out here.

I pulled the trigger with the SST. I like the sharpness and the 10 oz difference between it and the Super Six was taken away with a wheel swap to a set of Mavic Elites. Besides, I can spare a A few lbs. of the midsection before I worry about the bike's weight.

There is going to be a big difference between it and the mountain bike, especially on the street.

I hope to have time in the next few days to take it out through Portola Valley and shake it down.

Thanks again guys.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012

I hope to have time in the next few days to take it out through Portola Valley and shake it down.
    for every person I see riding a newer fuji out there I'm going to yell out your username

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Odds are, that'll be me!, right? ;-) and I'll reply, "hey Sean!"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by howdoesseanroll View Post
    for every person I see riding a newer fuji out there I'm going to yell out your username
    Same for me. Let's make this campaign viral

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2012
    Odds are, that'll be me!, right? ;-) and I'll reply, "hey Sean!"
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousalex View Post
    Same for me. Let's make this campaign viral
    and then in a week someone will post a thread saying "who are all the a$$holes in portola valley yelling 'MELT-WUHH' at random riders?"