RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005

Cannondale Surpass or Synapse bib shorts

Anybody have any comments about the Cannondale Surpass or Synapse bib shorts? How is $70? I've been using Performance Elite bib shorts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    I've been using the synapse size large. I'm 6'2", they are great on my seat, but the straps are a bit short which gives me some shoulder/neck pain. The compression material is great, if you don't have a long torso I would recomend them.

RoadBikeReview Member

six two too

Quote Originally Posted by SSChameleon
    I've been using the synapse size large. I'm 6'2", they are great on my seat, but the straps are a bit short which gives me some shoulder/neck pain. The compression material is great, if you don't have a long torso I would recomend them.
    I agree. I'm 6'2" also and I love my Cannondale shorts. I only have one pair. I've always favored a more heavy weight material myself and Cannodale's compression feels snug without being constricting. For my everyday riding I use the Elite bib's. They aren't bad for $40.00 (on sale of course).
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Cannondale bibs

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence
    Anybody have any comments about the Cannondale Surpass or Synapse bib shorts? How is $70? I've been using Performance Elite bib shorts.
    I have both the Cannondale Surpass and LE Carbon bibs and I think they are excellent. $70 for the Surpass bibs is a good price. Both use an outstanding one-piece elastic Chamois but the best part is that the chamois is stitched onto the short using a fine, densely stitched thread that provides a very smooth transition between the edge of the pad and the short. This has been a irritation point for me on other shorts. Overall fit, stitching quality and feel are very good. These are my current favorite bibs and I've tried many including Santini Twist Gel, Nalini, Perfromance, Giordana, Voler, Sugoi, and Pearl Izumi. I believe the Synaspe shorts are a step down and use a different chamois. I recommend the Surpass