Anti-bling

Changing the battery on a Polar S210 HRM

First time to change the battery on the Polar S210, and I had assumed it would be as simple as changing the battery on any watch. However, after removing the back cover I see that there is some device that would need to be removed before I can get to the battery. This watch doesn't look as if it were designed with easy battery replacement in mind, so I'm wondering if anyone out there has successfully replaced a battery on a similar watch. It appears as if the black plastic piece that holds the brass disc, could be easily snapped out of position. Is this the case? Anyone suggested precautions from someone who has done this before?
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ted.

Banned forever.....or not

It's not a task for everyone

If you're the type of person who can add memory to your home computer, this task shouldn't be too hard. If, on the other hand, you have trouble cleaning and reinstalling a Dura Ace bottom bracket, you just might want to close it up and send to Polar for replacement. I think that they charge $10-$15 for it.
    If you do it yourself, and you have trouble with the unit down the line, you will find that Polar will not like it.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

I don't fear carbs
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_GRUMPY
    If you're the type of person who can add memory to your home computer, this task shouldn't be too hard. If, on the other hand, you have trouble cleaning and reinstalling a Dura Ace bottom bracket, you just might want to close it up and send to Polar for replacement. I think that they charge $10-$15 for it.
    If you do it yourself, and you have trouble with the unit down the line, you will find that Polar will not like it.
    you can take it to pretty much any jeweler and have the battery replaced. It's not rocket science. What Polar does is reseal the O-rings and pressure test it to make sure its still waterproof. I found out the hard way that the watch may not be waterprrof if you have someone other than Polar change the battery. If you aren't gonna swim with it that becomes a minor point though.
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
    Friedrich Nietzsche