RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014

Chinese Carbon Vendor List

Thought I would put together a list of vendors that sell carbon frames, wheels, and other parts. Take note that many of there Chinese companies are trading companies that sell some of the same products under different names.

1、http://www.XmCarbonSpeed.com/
    2、http://www.acebike.com
    3、http://www.xmiplay.com
    4、www.carbonal.cn
    5、www.lightbicycle.com
    6、www.flyxii.com
    7、www.carbonality.com
    8、www.hongfu-bikes.com
    9、www.dengfubikes.com
    10、http://carbonbicycle.cc
    11、www.carbonbike.com
    12、http://www.ltbikes.com
    13、http://www.gotobike.com.cn
    14、http://www.yoeleo.com/
    15、www.honsenbikes.com
    16、http://www.nextie-bike.com/
    17、http://www.x-goods.com/

Huge in Japan
    cxwrench might be out for a bathroom break or beer run (not my turn) so in his absence I will just politely point out that this may already be covered in some of the existing sub forums. There might even be stickies.
    Last edited by craiger_ny; 03-09-2017 at 06:08 PM. Reason: 1..2..3..not it!
    Interwebs bumpersticker goes here

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Delete this crap. There's already sections for this worthless, dangerous garbage. Not cool.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Delete this crap. There's already sections for this worthless, dangerous garbage. Not cool.
    Ya it's only a legit product when an American company stamps their name on a Chinese made product..

Quote Originally Posted by Aadub View Post
    Ya it's only a legit product when an American company stamps their name on a Chinese made product..
    You have no clue. Go join the OP.

Seriously, you can't be that stupid.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    You have no clue. Go join the OP.

Seriously, you can't be that stupid.

I've got a set of wheels from one of the vendors on the list. I'd put them up against any american branded asian rim. So yes I guess I'm that stupid.

And who do you think you are telling people what they can and can't post, name calling, etc? You can give your .02 without being a dick

I've got a set of wheels from one of the vendors on the list. I'd put them up against any american branded asian rim. So yes I guess I'm that stupid.

And who do you think you are telling people what they can and can't post, name calling, etc? You can give your .02 without being a dick
    There is a specific section for the 'Chinese' stuff. It's not hard to figure out how this forum works. Since there is little to no moderation on this site I sometimes take it upon myself to 'help out' some.

The wheels you have most likely have not been developed w/ anywhere near the level of R&D and engineering that big name brands provide. You can read about the problems people have had w/ all different types of inexpensive chinese frames and components. The fact that you've had no problems (yet) does not necessarily make you a smart guy.

As far as me being a dick, sure...I am all the time. But I'm still here.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    In an unrelated incident team sky had 3 carbon rims catastrophically fail in a TT yesterday..

Shimano undertaking investigation into Team Sky wheel failures at Tirreno-Adriatico | Cyclingnews.com

Adorable Furry Hombre
    In an unrelated incident team sky had 3 carbon rims catastrophically fail in a TT yesterday..

Shimano undertaking investigation into Team Sky wheel failures at Tirreno-Adriatico | Cyclingnews.com
    Your Chinese tubular wheels will do that, too, if you fail to glue them properly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Your Chinese tubular wheels will do that, too, if you fail to glue them properly.
    These were experimental 3 spoke wheels installed in 3 different Bolides, and the tubulars were properly glued. The 3 bikes had incidents, only Moscon's issue was filmed.

Enviado desde mi SM-E700M mediante Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'll assume you're either A) 15-years-old or B) working in a field completely removed from anything related to business.

"Brands" serve a purpose. Do you wear "Shoe" and drive "Car" to "Food Store" to buy "Food Product?" Brands inform and protect the consumer. We know that Honda makes a good car, that Yugo didn't, that Chrysler is somewhere in between. Without brands, every purchase would be a complete gamble. Trek, McDonalds, Apple, Kia... have quality standards - standards they set. If these standards are met consistently, the corresponding reputation (brand) will follow - the consumer is then able to match their needs with the brand that fits their needs and budget.

So yeah - "stamping" a brand on something does make it better.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post
    I'll assume you're either A) 15-years-old or B) working in a field completely removed from anything related to business.

"Brands" serve a purpose. Do you wear "Shoe" and drive "Car" to "Food Store" to buy "Food Product?" Brands inform and protect the consumer. We know that Honda makes a good car, that Yugo didn't, that Chrysler is somewhere in between. Without brands, every purchase would be a complete gamble. Trek, McDonalds, Apple, Kia... have quality standards - standards they set. If these standards are met consistently, the corresponding reputation (brand) will follow - the consumer is then able to match their needs with the brand that fits their needs and budget.

Another aspect of that is that when the major brands issue a recall, the word gets out and the customer gets the issue resolved. I wonder how much product from those generic Chinese manufacturers should have been recalled but no one riding them knows it?
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

Bill Dobie
    I clicked on the links. Wow. Very poorly translated. I feel dirty. I bet shipping time is for ever.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Chinese versus Enve rim, which is which?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    Chinese versus Enve rim, which is which?

I couldn't make it through that video. Was that guy on the quaaludes? Which ended up being which?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004

The wheels you have most likely have not been developed w/ anywhere near the level of R&D and engineering that big name brands provide. Y
    You mean like this ?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwy9pgVcWco

Shimano wheel as as BTW.

And as comment to cxwrench directly,

You have a personality disorder. Have you ever actually written a reply where you were not in complete dick mode ?. maybe the site needs better moderation, but I do not recall anyone voting you in as substitute moderator.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Steve B.; 03-10-2017 at 12:14 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by OldZaskar View Post

There are a few of these "chinese" brands on that list that manufacture for USA companies. I bet you are one of those dudes that drives a Lexus rather than a Toyota 'cause the sales dude told you its a better vehicle.

The way you started your response to my post shows you are a pompous twit who is definitely not as smart as you believe you are.
    Last edited by Aadub; 03-10-2017 at 07:46 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    There are a few of these "chinese" brands on that list that manufacture for USA companies. I bet you are one of those dudes that drives a Lexus rather than a Toyota 'cause the sales dude told you its a better vehicle.

The way you started your response to my post shows you are a pompous twit who is definitely not as smart as you believe you are.

RoadBikeReview Member
    OP, you may want to read through this thread:

Bulges at spoke holes on carbon wheels (photos)
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
    And as comment to cxwrench directly,

You have a personality disorder. Have you ever actually written a reply where you were not in complete dick mode ?
    Awwww, now, now. CXWrench may seem harsh at times, but when you get to know him well, he's just a soft cuddly bunny who simply has no tolerance for people who post on topics that have been covered repeatedly in other posts and stickies or who post in the wrong section. Just give him a nice back rub and you will be his best friend forever.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member

I am CERTAIN my expensive US branded carbon frame was made in a factory in China. I'd be shocked if that factory doesn't also make other frame brands I'm familiar with and some I'm not. But as Foghorn Leghorn eluded - you've missed the point. The company who contracted with that Chinese manufacturer - Scott in my case - had a set of specs. They shared those specs with the Chinese factory. They reviewed those specs with the Chinese factory. The Chinese factory made the frame... to the those specs. Scott inspected the frame - making sure it was made to their specs. I then bought that frame... knowing it was made to a set of specs that a group of reputable engineers created, shared, explained, inspected and verified. I've got 45,000 miles on that frame. Good specs.

Without that pesky US brand slapping a damn brand on it and jacking up the price, well... I'd be left hoping those nice people in that Chinese factory took it upon themselves to make the best frame they could.

- Pompous Twit

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    Awwww, now, now. CXWrench may seem harsh at times, but when you get to know him well, he's just a soft cuddly bunny who simply has no tolerance for people who post on topics that have been covered repeatedly in other posts and stickies or who post in the wrong section. Just give him a nice back rub and you will be his best friend forever.
    You guys (er, him) seem to fail to understand that the repeated threads and mispostings and all comprise the majority of the new postings on this completely deadend website.

It's ironic that he continually *****es about the only thing that gives him a platform to actually continue *****ing.