Thread: Classic 3300

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007

Classic 3300

I've had my new Ibex Classic 3300 for about a month and am very happy with it--although I should probably get some heavier treaded tires to get me from my dirt road to the pavement.

I've had road bikes since I was 11, but haven't ridden in 10 years so this is a great "re-starter" bike. I did lots of research before buying and think the price is about half of comparable bikes out there. It arrived in less than a week too. Even better, when I noticed the price had dropped 20% a week later, Ibex promptly credited me the $100--no questions asked. And they answered email queries almost instantly. I would definitely buy from them again when it's time to upgrade.

My only complaint is with the manual and assembly instructions. The former could have had more specific info about my bike and the latter was a fairly poor photocopy with very blurred images. I had to go to the component manufacturers' websites to get in-depth tech details after the break-in period when I needed to adjust cables, etc. Maybe these will be added to the Ibex website soon? It would help.

Overall fantastic quality, price & customer service.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Congrats Eric. What size did you get? Any pictures yet?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2007
    Thanks peakay. I got the 54cm which fits me great but, as bike geometries differ, an advantage of using the LBS might be trying different sizes just to make sure. No pics yet, but the high-res images from the Ibex sight make a great desktop background!