RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

Coffee Nuts: Cycling themed Espresso/Cappuccino cups?

So, like many of my cycling brethren, I am a coffee fanatic. I've taken to collecting classy looking coffee cups... whether they're espresso cups, cappuccino cups, latte cups.... but I can't help but wonder if there are any cycling-themed cups out there given the popularity of coffee with cyclists!.... Anyone know where one could find/buy some??

RoadBikeReview Member
    You mean like this place?

Bicycle Coffee Mugs, Steins Bicycle Mugs

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by froze View Post
    Alas, no coffee geek would consider serving capuccino or latte (much less espresso) in a mug.

a quick google search turned up these:
    set of 2 bicycle espresso cups by AceroStudio on Etsy

RoadBikeReview Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JCavilia View Post
    Alas, no coffee geek would consider serving capuccino or latte (much less espresso) in a mug.

a quick google search turned up these:
    set of 2 bicycle espresso cups by AceroStudio on Etsy
    I make my espresso in a mug! Why you scream? because I make 4 shots and only 4 shots will fit in a mug, 4 shots won't fit in a dainty little demitasse cups. But I searched for cycling related demitasse cups and could not find any...because real men drink lot's of expresso!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for the responses!.... But yes... as the purpose of my collection is more on quality pieces I don't think I'll be jumping on the 'pick a design and we'll print it on a big mug' thing... but I do appreciate them being pointed out!

Those little espresso cups and saucers are more like what I had in mind!

Froze - by 4 shots do you mean you pull a double shot then re-fill the portafilter and pull another 2? If you just run enough water through the puck to make the volume of 4-shots than you're kinda just cheating eh? :P ;)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
    Thanks for the responses!.... But yes... as the purpose of my collection is more on quality pieces I don't think I'll be jumping on the 'pick a design and we'll print it on a big mug' thing... but I do appreciate them being pointed out!

Those little espresso cups and saucers are more like what I had in mind!

Froze - by 4 shots do you mean you pull a double shot then re-fill the portafilter and pull another 2? If you just run enough water through the puck to make the volume of 4-shots than you're kinda just cheating eh? :P ;)
    Yes, I pull a double shot then refill the portafilter and pull another 2! This way when I do stupid things, I do it faster then other people.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I make my espresso in a mug! Why you scream? because I make 4 shots and only 4 shots will fit in a mug, 4 shots won't fit in a dainty little demitasse cups. But I searched for cycling related demitasse cups and could not find any...because real men drink lot's of expresso!!
    I drink lots of espresso, too -- one double-shot at a time. Fills the dainty little cup nicely to the brim, I drink it while it's fresh, and when I want more I pull another one.

What's your grinder and machine setup?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCavilia View Post
    I drink lots of espresso, too -- one double-shot at a time. Fills the dainty little cup nicely to the brim, I drink it while it's fresh, and when I want more I pull another one.

What's your grinder and machine setup?
    It's a cheap set up because I use to have a Gagga but it only lasted 4 years and the pump failed which I learned that was a common thing to happen to Espresso pumps, so I bought a Mr Coffee Espresso pump (not the cheaper boiler one) after reading reviews where others also had more expensive units and couldn't tell the difference in taste. So for $70 I thought what the heck I'll try it, and you know what? I can't taste the difference between that coffee coming out of the Mr Coffee vs the $450 Gagga! Which quite frankly surprised me.

The grinder I use was a brand new unused electric Hobart Coffee grinder I bought in a garage sale about 4 years ago made in 1968!! I paid $5 for it, it was still sealed in the box! It does grind to a powder.

I mix my own coffee using different types and blending them, but I'm always experimenting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    There's always Rapha.

Rapha coffee cup saucer brand new espresso | eBay

And at $120 for a cup and a saucer, I'd say it's a collector's item. That or ridiculously overpriced.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yes, I pull a double shot then refill the portafilter and pull another 2! This way when I do stupid things, I do it faster then other people.
    Sounds like you figured out a system that works for you, and keeps you wired when necessary, too. You can't put a price on that.

I feel like there's a spiritual connection between espresso and road cycling, because they share la bella Italia as their true homeland.

Or something like that ;-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    We have some old-school Faema demi's in our roasting lab. I have to take pic. I work in the specialty coffee industry, and there are not a lot out there that are bike-specific. There are plenty of tampers that are cycle connected. fixed cog designs etched onto the tamp piston, and of course the Chris King tamper. Campy needs to make a Super Record tamper
    Bicycle more, drive less, breathe easier.

RUV
    RoadBikeReview Member
    sold out but more on the way supposedly.

Rouleur Mugs | Rouleur