Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Forever a Student
    They do make shorter saddles, I use one.

Usually the short saddles are labeled as TT saddles, or rather any saddle with a short or removed nose is usually labeled TT.

So if you're into shorter saddles, like I am, you'll likely spend most of the time looking at TT saddles. The one I use is labeled for TT, but I don't care.
    use a torque wrench

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    Why don't they make saddles shorter then?
    Specialized does and it's marketed for road & MTB. Look up their Power saddle.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Most saddles are going to be 240mm long or longer up to 300 because that's what UCI requires I believe. I use a nose-less saddle but it has extra length on the back as do most TT saddles to meet the requirements. Adamo / ISM is an example of this as is the Cobb Randee (which I use)
    Moderation is boring - do epic s##t

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015
    I tried 6 saddles and I found the Specialize Pro Expert to be the most comfortable for me. Everyone is different, but I went 75 miles with no bum pain.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MMsRepBike View Post
    They do make shorter saddles, I use one.

Usually the short saddles are labeled as TT saddles, or rather any saddle with a short or removed nose is usually labeled TT.

So if you're into shorter saddles, like I am, you'll likely spend most of the time looking at TT saddles. The one I use is labeled for TT, but I don't care.
    last TT saddle I tried was the ISM Adamo, and didn't like it due to its wide nose rubbing my thighs. And not only me, I see a lot of ISM Adamo's have the sides of its nose rubbed off, aparently by rubbing thighs too much. And I could never feel comfortable sitting on the rails of the nose. Felt like i'm going potty in a 3rd world toilet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    Most saddles are going to be 240mm long or longer up to 300 because that's what UCI requires I believe. I use a nose-less saddle but it has extra length on the back as do most TT saddles to meet the requirements. Adamo / ISM is an example of this as is the Cobb Randee (which I use)
    saddles with wide nose don't go well with my narrow hip! Adamo ISM didn't work out for me

Forever a Student
    A lot of Adamo saddles are too wide for me too. Like the Time Trial version or Road version for example. Their longer ones like the Breakaway or I guess now the the PL whatever it is are more narrow and okay for me. But I'm not talking those ISM saddles, I mean ones like this:

Pro Aerofuel:

Prologo Zero:

That sort of thing. Normal type of saddles with short noses.
    use a torque wrench

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MMsRepBike View Post
    A lot of Adamo saddles are too wide for me too. Like the Time Trial version or Road version for example. Their longer ones like the Breakaway or I guess now the the PL whatever it is are more narrow and okay for me. But I'm not talking those ISM saddles, I mean ones like this:

Pro Aerofuel:

Prologo Zero:

That sort of thing. Normal type of saddles with short noses.
    do you know the width of the nose of the Prologo ?

Forever a Student
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    do you know the width of the nose of the Prologo ?
    I do not.

For reference though, the Aerofuel II above it is 45mm wide at the nose.

Adamo Time Trial is 63mm wide by my measurement.

Adamo Breakaway is about 52mm wide by my measurement.

I would guess the Prologo Zero II TT is about 45 to 50mm wide at the nose.
    use a torque wrench

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2016
    For an interesting POV on seat choice, see: https://www.cervelo.com/en/engineeri...f-road-saddles.

If you treat the 2 horns(?) of an ISM Adamo as the nose, you're misusing the saddle. By design, they're meant to support your pubic rami; your ...um... soft bits ride in front of the horns. I suggest checking the documentation on their website - start with FAQ #4.

If numb soft bits is your problem, the ISM and Selle SMP saddles are good solutions (though there are others), if you use them right (soft bits off the saddle). There's essentially no pressure on the pubic nerve with these saddles, so the likelihood of getting numb is low. The Selle SMP patent application has pictures of how the saddle should be used - https://www.google.com/patents/US7699391.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    How interesting! After I posted this back in 2013, I was hoping that someone would start such business.

I wish I heard about this 3 weeks ago before I spent $120 on Specialized Power saddle for my second bike. It works decently but I feel that it could be better.
    I ended up going for it. I rode over 100 miles on it last few weeks and the verdict is, it's worth $250 I paid.

Comfortable road saddles?-meld-saddle-081317.jpg

It's little more comfortable than the next best fitting store bought saddle for me (Selle SMP Dynamic) and it's actually little cheaper. Sure it takes time to go through the process but that's what custom fitted stuff requires.
    I'm a happy customer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Riding ISM Adamo for a number of years now. As already mentioned setup is critical. Both fore and aft and even more is the tilt. I find the proper tilt angle varies according to your aero position on the bike. With aero bars or riding in the drops a lot I prefer a few degrees more down angle.

Had to ride some traditional saddles while demoing bikes at Outerbike and local demo days. It was torture.

For me I cannot go back to a traditional saddle.

Of course what works for one person may not work for others.

Good luck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bvber View Post
    Specialized does and it's marketed for road & MTB. Look up their Power saddle.
    Just switched to the Specialized Power saddle. So far I like it. It looks weird, but is comfortable, especially in the drops. It has one position...or maybe 1.5, but it's comfortable enough that so far I haven't found the need to move around much to get comfortable.

Glad you found a saddle you like.
    My blog about bicycling: http://offthebackweb.wordpress.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I have been super stoked with the Pro Carbon Stealth saddle. Info HERE. I was a long time user of the Specialized Romin but, they no longer make it so it forced me to search out something new.

RoadBikeReview Member

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by woodys737 View Post
    I have been super stoked with the Pro Carbon Stealth saddle. Info HERE. I was a long time user of the Specialized Romin but, they no longer make it so it forced me to search out something new.
    I tried the Meld saddle. It wasn't for me. Luckily they give a refund minus the cost of the imprint kit. I felt I couldn't get low without perineal pressure. I felt you couldn't move front or back or else you lost the sweet spot. They insist my bike is too big and that I'm sitting too far forward on the saddle.

I switched to the PRO Stealth and couldn't be happier also. You can get low and the pubic rami is properly supported when you rotate hips forward. The short and wide nose allows your nuts to actually not be smashed into your abdomen. You can also sit more upright for climbing and get good support still. It's like a Specialized power saddle, but with a nose you can actually use.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippedcam View Post
    I've heard more than one positive review of the SMP 209 Lite, haven't looked at the Dynamic. Thanks
    I have the Lite 209 and I like it a lot. It replaced my Brooks B17, which I also liked.

The SMP and the Brooks have more in common than what you might think. With both saddles you more sit in them as the SMP has a pronounced curve and the Brooks does mold to your bottom, somewhat. With the Brooks you can tighten the leather and control how much you sit in.

With the SMP, you have the sloping front and the cutout which is good if you want to move up and back a bit.

Of course the SMP is expensive, at least to me. The Brooks can be had for around $100.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    With the caveat of everyone's rear end is different, my favorite saddle is the Specialized Phenom in 143 width. Some that were tolerable were Fizil Arione and Selle Italia Gel Flow. Selle san marco was intolerable. When I found one that really worked it was amazing. No more pain in the rear at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123