RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

Corrida CT Experiences ??

My Boss has an ancient road bike and has decided he wants something new and has been looking at Hybrids. After talking to him what he really wants is a Flat Bar Road Bike.. I showed him the Corrida CT and he is excited but as always skeptical..

Any one own this bike?? Any experiences or info on it?? He just emailed IBEX about sizing info so I'm sure he will hear back from them soon .

Thanks,
    Kevin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    I ordered mine last Friday. Should be here right in time for all the winter weather that's coming. Won't have a ride report until 14 /15 of April.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Mine came yesterday, and I took it for a long ride today. It is a much better bike than any "name brand" flat-bar road bike I tried in the range of $450-$750. Hope that helps! I'm thrilled with mine!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    First post at RBR. I just ordered the Corrida CT on Friday (4/6) and it arrived yesterday (4/10). I put it together last night and took it for quick (real quick...it's been raining) spin this morning. It felt sweet. Not that I know any better. My last bike was a Schwinn Varsity that I last rode (before it was stolen) about 23 years ago..

Like I said, the bike looks and feels sweet so far to my inexperienced bod. The customer service at Ibex was first rate (Thanks Will!!). I asked a bunch of questions (likely newbie questions) and they were answered professionally and respectfully. The fit of the bike seems good so far (longer rides will tell more). I may need to move the seat forward on the rails just a tad. I was worried about being crowded on the bike (I have a bit of a long torso), but I have plenty of room (in fact, as I mentioned above, I may need to move the seat forward just a tad) on it and the stand over is fine. I did have to do some research and adjust the brakes a bit. No problem though. It was easy once I figured out what did what LOL...

I'm getting a little chain rub on the FD. From what I read that may able to be adjusted out a bit but it's not unheard of to have some chain rub on a well tuned bike when on both outer rings or inner rings at the same time. Shifters seem to work well. I tested all of the rings and it shifts nicely to all of them with out comine off on either end. The newly adjusted brakes work great and it rolls beautifully. It also looks great. Bonus!!

I don't know a whole lot about bikes (other than what I have been researching here and a couple other places over the last few weeks. Probably enough to be dangerous. But so far this really seems to be a great bike for me to start with. I'll probably end up getting a new seat eventually an some bar ends. For $369 plus $35 shipping I think this is one heck of a good deal considering the componentry on the bike. I'll probably end up taking it in to a LBS to have it looked over an more finely tuned. But even paying for that I think I'm still ahead of the game on this one. Of course time will tell.

I did seriously look at the LBS's and the ones in my area did not really have what I was looking for (would have loved to test a Jamis Coda but they were no where to be found around me). I was shown a Trek 7.3 FX ($529), a Kona Dew ($400) and Raleigh Rt. 24 ($650). I was also interested in the Diamondback Century ($569 a LBS 800 miles away from me...LOL but I found it for $499 at Dick's Sporting Goods). It's funny, the guy I talked to at Dick's knew less about bikes than I do (I know Dick's is not a LBS). The Diamondback nad Raleigh are similarly equipped to the Ibex Corrida I got for $404 with shipping. I believe the Trek and Kona were not equipped as well as my new Corrida.

I do see value in working through a LBS. But this purchase allowed me to get on a good bike a lot quicker. I know I will have some $$ to give the LBS in some tune up work and repairs as necessary. Especially right away. I intend to learn how to do a lot of the tuning myself, but that will take a little time. But hey...I did the brakes already LOL. Derailleurs, will need more reading and practice...

Anyway, I think I got a wonderful deal and am happy so far. As I put some miles on the bile I'll come back and add to my thoughts and let you know any more $$ I put into the bike.

Note...I got the last 54 cm model!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    I took mine for the first ride today. I love it. I had to put air in the tires first thing. My pump has a gauge on it and I could only get about 45 LBS in .The tires call for a minimum of 50 LBS but no way was my little pump going to get that amount with out taking a huge amount of time along side the road. Even without the right amount of air it road very nice. Going up hill was a he--ll of a lot easier with those skinny tires then my old knobbies. I need to fine tune it a little the chain rubs on the high gears on the rear derailleur .I need to tighten up the break levers, I like mine to be on with little lever pull. Hate the seat , to hard for my 40 year old bottom. Probably will re grip the bars to a more softer grips or just remember to wear gloves. Have to get used to not being able to go off road with this bike. I saw two kids building a jump and I wanted to try it out, but that is what my ASTA is for. I got a lot of looks from fellow bikers I passed along the road .Even some in cars took an extra look. Over all this is just what I was looking for . The price was right , the bike rocks , and I 'm a happy camper.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007

Talking I ended up with one instead of my Boss

I ended up with the Corrida CT instead of my boss.. I talked to Jack and they had one left so I decided to go for it. I LOVE it. Spent more time on it than I have my Ibex Alpine. I'm riding it about 12-15 miles every other day and taking it out for about 25 miles this Saturday. I did add some bar ends to give me a different had positions and I'm putting some cheap Aero bars on it for the ride this weekend. It's fun to ride it with my wife on the 6 mile greenway we have near our house.

Kevin

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Glad to see that you are a two IBEX owner also. I got home from a 2 hour ride today just before the National Weather Service issued a tornado warning for my area [NW PA].Thank god for my Corrida because I would of got caught in the bad weather with my old , much slower bike.