RoadBikeReview Member

Covers for Look Delta Teflon cleats?

I'm getting a couple of older bikes back in shape. Both come with the old Look pedals, so I bought a new set of Look cleats, and ordered a set of Delta cleat covers from Kool Kovers. Unfortunately, when they arrived, I found they wouldn't fit, and a further check revealed that the covers were only for *non-teflon* Look Delta cleats, while the cleats I purchased were the "bi-material" (teflon) version. Checking online, all I can find are cleat covers for the non-teflon Delta cleats or the Keo cleats, which I understand won't fit either. Does anyone know of a source for cleat covers for teflon Look Deltas? Thanks in advance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I got a pair of cleat covers for my deltas from Performance Bike.
    People sleep peaceably at night because rough men and woman stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Oregon Bike MS 2013 Team Matfam

RoadBikeReview Member

Do you have the catalog number? I don't see anything like that on Performance's web site.

I also find it odd that the cleats (which Look is still selling) come with a warning to not walk on them without cleat covers, yet Look doesn't offer Delta covers on their website, either.

Bone idle wanker
    Exustar makes cleats and covers. Good prices too from Amazon.

Amazon.com: Exustar Black Look Delta Compatible Cleat Covers: Sports & Outdoors
    "I would say I was both a jerk and a humanitarian."

"To be honest, Oprah, we sued so many people, I cannot remember who."

RoadBikeReview Member
    I think they actually do fit, if you just stretch them a little harder and push the back on more. The teflon cleats are just a bit thicker, but otherwise the same dimensions. I've used the normal Kool covers with the teflon cleats with no problem.

Edit: I noticed you didn't say what brand of covers you bought. Some may be made of harder material. the Kool Kovers are a pretty soft and stretchy rubber, and work as I've described
    Last edited by JCavilia; 03-02-2013 at 07:35 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    People sleep peaceably at night because rough men and woman stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Oregon Bike MS 2013 Team Matfam

wim
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JCavilia View Post
    I think they actually do fit, if you just stretch them a little harder and push the back on more. The teflon cleats are just a bit thicker, but otherwise the same dimensions.
    Agree. If you look closely at the teflon cleats, you'll see that the teflon is placed into recesses milled out of the original material. If there were any meaningful dimensional changes, Delta teflon cleats wouldn't work with all Delta pedals. But they do work with all Delta pedals, so the covers will fit unless they are defective. There are no cleat covers for Delta teflon cleats only.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by regnaD kciN View Post
    I'm getting a couple of older bikes back in shape. Both come with the old Look pedals, so I bought a new set of Look cleats, and ordered a set of Delta cleat covers from Kool Kovers. Unfortunately, when they arrived, I found they wouldn't fit, and a further check revealed that the covers were only for *non-teflon* Look Delta cleats, while the cleats I purchased were the "bi-material" (teflon) version. Checking online, all I can find are cleat covers for the non-teflon Delta cleats or the Keo cleats, which I understand won't fit either. Does anyone know of a source for cleat covers for teflon Look Deltas? Thanks in advance.
    If you can't find specific cleat covers I'll bet you can make the standard Kool Kovers work with a little trimming. I use Campy pedals which have "similar" cleats to Look. I have to take a knife to the Kool Kovers since there is no cleat cover on the market that I know of for Campy. It only takes a few minutes to trim off bits of excess rubber and I am good to go.

RoadBikeReview Member

Thanks -- I tried the Forte brand from Performance mentioned above, and they fit almost perfectly.