Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjulio View Post
    No, Alberta is the Texas equivalent.

In more ways I'd think Ontario is most like NY state.

additionally, Peterborough is a small city (pop 81,000) with a university and a large retired population. Hence my "geezer on geezer" joke.

From wiki

From now changed to "was"
    Yes, Alberta = Texas Ontario = NY.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Somehow, I doubt that it being a cyclist has little to do with this assault. I'd bet a jaywalker, or a racial minority could've been the victim just as easily.
    Yes, is seems like he was a loose cannon just waiting for that tipping point.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by jason124 View Post
    Funny you bring this us up. Living in Texas, majority of the trucks that have hassled me (or tend do be driven by jerks) tend to be Dodge Rams. From getting coal rolled, to air horns honking needlessly, buzzing me or just teens shouting obscenities, Dodge Ram's are the truck of choice.
    If you were a wanna-be tough guy I think you'll feel way more tougher when you announce to the world that you have a Dodge Ram than a Ford 150 or a Chevrolet Silvarado.
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder's with motivation, information and resources.

Everything above, up to that blue line, is IMO IMO.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I sure hope at the very least that this guy gets his bank account cleaned out when the civil suit comes up.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas."
    -- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T. View Post
    If you were a wanna-be tough guy I think you'll feel way more tougher when you announce to the world that you have a Dodge Ram than a Ford 150 or a Chevrolet Silvarado.
    The bigger and louder your pickup truck, the smaller your manhood.
    “Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.” -- Aaron Levenstein

-- Warren Buffett

"Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't. -- Pete Seeger

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombard View Post
    The bigger and louder your pickup truck, the smaller your manhood.
    It's even worse with hardly dangerous motorcycles.
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder's with motivation, information and resources.

Everything above, up to that blue line, is IMO IMO.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T. View Post
    It's even worse with hardly dangerous motorcycles.
    LOL! Yep, those too.

-- Warren Buffett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Majority of A-holes who behave aggressively towards cyclist are pick up drivers. I know that is my personal experience. The same A-holes who voted for our orange.....nevermind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolite View Post
    Majority of A-holes who behave aggressively towards cyclist are pick up drivers. I know that is my personal experience. The same A-holes who voted for our orange.....nevermind.
    I find it to be cars/drivers on the opposite end of the spectrum; those who own and drive white "luxury" sedans, especially those originating in Germany (BMW, MB, Audi). Maybe it's a regional thing? Don't think it matters for whom they voted, jerkoffs are jerkoffs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Double-wide SUVs are almost up there with jacked up pickup drivers. And in my area, there are way more of them!

-- Warren Buffett

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    It does seem that the more expensive the vehicle, be it an Audi, Dodge RAM, Dodge Challenger or Ford Excursion, the more the driver feels entitled to the whole road. That is not to say that I haven't been hassled by a jerk in an old beat up rice burner, but the numbers are leaning towards the claim made in my opening sentence.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetworks View Post
    I find it to be cars/drivers on the opposite end of the spectrum; those who own and drive white "luxury" sedans, especially those originating in Germany (BMW, MB, Audi). Maybe it's a regional thing? Don't think it matters for whom they voted, jerkoffs are jerkoffs.
    yeah, must be. I've done a lot of riding in Quebec (Eastern Townships) and my anecdotal observation is that pick up drivers are exceptionally courteous to cyclists. Not so much in New Hampshire though. Plenty of jerks in pickups.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    It does seem that the more expensive the vehicle, be it an Audi, Dodge RAM, Dodge Challenger or Ford Excursion, the more the driver feels entitled to the whole road. That is not to say that I haven't been hassled by a jerk in an old beat up rice burner, but the numbers are leaning towards the claim made in my opening sentence.
    My experience has been different. To me, it seems like the larger the vehicle, the more space the driver feels entitled to. Of course, to be fair, it's a lot easier for a tiny car to pass safely without going into the opposing lane.

-- Warren Buffett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2016
    My worst road rage incident was with a middle aged lady in a Prius with a Hillary 16 sticker.

Eh, that was probably the second worst. The worst was a dude in a rusted pickup, with his 4-5 year old son in the front seat.
    I like to ride fast.

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002
    Please will someone in Ontario or Canada keep us updated on this assault after the police review and then the court decision.

Anphaque II
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    If that guy were on top of me beating on my head, I'd take my right leg and push my foot up into his armpit, throwing him off me or back anyway, and then another swift kick in his fat rolly polly stomach so he feels it for a while.

If I had been there as a bystander, I would have grabbed the guy on the shoulders and tipped him back onto the ground, put my knee on his chest, and told the bystanders to call 911.

Nobody should get away with this sh!t, then jump in his vehicle and drive off.
    Amen.

See his arm/forearm/hand holding the cyclist? That means he has one less arm/hand while the cyclist still has two.

I would literally eat that fvcker's forearm for lunch .

Clamp down on the meatiest part and don't stop until both upper and lower teeth touch (As prescribed by Krav Maga).

Thee stupidest thing a perp can do is hold you. That means you're well within arm-range of him and he/she has one less hand/arm.

Personally; I go for the clavicle, both, hopefully if I'm up close and personal.

It only take about 8 to 12lbs of pressure to break it. And then just yank the affected arm and shear pain will commence.
    America's greatest threat: Congressional liberal Democrats

Crimes Against Humanity: The History of The Democrat Party

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
    Please will someone in Ontario or Canada keep us updated on this assault after the police review and then the court decision.
    I agree.

Fecal indicator
    not sure this incident has anything to do with cyclists...

more about mental illness.
    the 45th POTUS is inept, corrupt, and a pathological liar. and those may be his better qualities...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjulio View Post
    No, Alberta is the Texas equivalent.

In more ways I'd think Ontario is most like NY state.

additionally, Peterborough is a small city (pop 81,000) with a university and a large retired population. Hence my "geezer on geezer" joke.

From wiki

From now changed to "was"
    You can say that again. And a large population of cyclists w/ no regard for the HTA. I'm surprised nothing like the Ottawa cyclist has happened here (I live about 45 minutes north).
    2007 Trek SU200
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetworks View Post
    True. Mind you the 'visitors' to cottage country that drive those brands seem to be entitled jerks w/ poor reading skills. 'No Parking' is incomprehensible to them.

As a cyclist AND a pickup driver I try to give cyclists a wide berth. A lot of them don't pay particular attention to what they're doing. Wobbling along along & changing lanes and/or direction w/o the slightest attempt of signalling their intentions or if it's safe to do so.
    2007 Trek SU200
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2015
    Sounds more redneck viewpoint than cyclist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

.je
    JRA FYI
    Wife of man accused of vicious cyclist beating in Peterborough says 'it's not what it looks like at all'

“I’ll tell you one thing, it’s not what it looks like at all,” said Fox’s wife, Sandra, outside her house, when approached by the Star. “All everybody caught was the last two minutes of it, not how it started or why it started.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    I'm curious to hear this whole story when it's made public.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    in america one of them would have had a pistol.

i prefer an ass beating to a bullet any day.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by factory feel View Post
    in america one of them would have had a pistol.
    False

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast