Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    A wheelist

Cowardly assault on cyclist in Peterborough Ontario Canada

Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder's with motivation, information and resources.

Everything above, up to that blue line, is IMO IMO.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    They got his picture, good. He hopefully will be locked up a while.
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2015
    Insane. Probably what he will claim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    That was hard to watch. The driver should have tried a lot harder to walk away. Just horrible.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    WTF dude. that guy was carrying around a club for a reason, looking for a fight, and finally his fantasy came true when an older cyclist came along that he could picked on. I'm sure if the police search this guy's computer and phone, they would find that he frequent websites showing to beat people and get away with it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good thing I didn't retire there. The geezer on geezer violence is out of hand.

Seriously, it's sad to see in Canada. As acl says it looks like a hater looking for an easy victim.
    We just don’t realize the most significant moments of our lives when they’re happening
    Back then I thought “well there'll be other days”
    I didn’t realize that was the only day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yrupye7B0

There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?
    One.
    So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

a real member's member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjulio View Post
    The geezer on geezer violence is out of hand.
    jesus!

Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    jesus!

If that guy were on top of me beating on my head, I'd take my right leg and push my foot up into his armpit, throwing him off me or back anyway, and then another swift kick in his fat rolly polly stomach so he feels it for a while.

If I had been there as a bystander, I would have grabbed the guy on the shoulders and tipped him back onto the ground, put my knee on his chest, and told the bystanders to call 911.

Nobody should get away with this sh!t, then jump in his vehicle and drive off.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Wow.

My guess is demented old man. He didn't seem too worked up when those folks confronted him. Good on Canada for all those bystanders getting involved.

Victim is a true cyclist. Blood pouring off his head and he automatically gets up to check his bike out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Knowing how to do armbar would have helped.

RoadBikeReview Member
    This is just terrible. I am so glad that woman filmed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    They got his picture, good. He hopefully will be locked up a while.
    I hope so too, but it's Canada, he won't be. He probably won't even get jail time. Our judges have more sympathy for the criminal than they do for the victims.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisM View Post
    That was hard to watch. The driver should have tried a lot harder to walk away. Just horrible.
    Agree, he didn't try very hard. He has control over his feet.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by love4himies View Post
    This is just terrible. I am so glad that woman filmed everything.
    I hope so too, but it's Canada, he won't be. He probably won't even get jail time. Our judges have more sympathy for the criminal than they do for the victims.
    The guy on the ground will probably get charged with head-butting David Fox's cudgel. David will get a million dollar settlement (plus costs) from the government for wrongful arrest. The arresting officer will get fired. Justice is a joke up here.
    Mike T's home wheelbuilding site - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder's with motivation, information and resources.

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T. View Post
    The guy on the ground will probably get charged with head-butting David Fox's cudgel. David will get a million dollar settlement (plus costs) from the government for wrongful arrest. The arresting officer will get fired. Justice is a joke up here.
    Speaking of jokes of justice:

Pensioner who admitted killing cyclist given 240 hours unpaid work | road.cc
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Sadly to common in southern Ontario these days and always a pick up!

I make Eagles fly
    Jan 2015
    WTF, totally sick and the guy will probably lie and get less then 1 year in prison

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I have heard Ontario is the is like the Texas equivalent up there. Is that true? I've been to Vancouver and Motreal and I thought they were some of the greatest places on earth. Never to Ontario region

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aclinjury View Post
    I have heard Ontario is the is like the Texas equivalent up there. Is that true? I've been to Vancouver and Motreal and I thought they were some of the greatest places on earth. Never to Ontario region
    No, Alberta is the Texas equivalent.

In more ways I'd think Ontario is most like NY state.

additionally, Peterborough is a small city (pop 81,000) with a university and a large retired population. Hence my "geezer on geezer" joke.

From wiki
    Peterborough is among the best places to retire in Ontario, according to Comfort Life, a publication for seniors
    From now changed to "was"
    Last edited by bikerjulio; 07-22-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    We just don’t realize the most significant moments of our lives when they’re happening
    Back then I thought “well there'll be other days”
    I didn’t realize that was the only day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yrupye7B0

There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?
    One.
    So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    The guy in the blue shirt should have:
    - got in the driver's seat of the pickup
    -got the keys from the attacker

I would have hammered red shirt guy and then sat on him until police arrived.
    Cannot believe they let him drive away.

A very serious accident happened right in front of my house a few years ago.
    A large pickup rear ended a car sitting at a stop sign so hard it was knocked onto my front steps.
    Driver of the truck sat in the her truck while severely injured woman in car screamed. She actually had a broken back.
    Finally the woman driving the truck got out and was obviously impaired. She didn't say anything, just looked at the front of her truck, and then tried to get back in.
    I thought she was going to flee so I climbed in so she couldn't.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinelli 82220 View Post
    The guy in the blue shirt should have:
    - got in the driver's seat of the pickup
    -got the keys from the attacker

I would have hammered red shirt guy and then sat on him until police arrived.
    Cannot believe they let him drive away.

A very serious accident happened right in front of my house a few years ago.
    A large pickup rear ended a car sitting at a stop sign so hard it was knocked onto my front steps.
    Driver of the truck sat in the her truck while severely injured woman in car screamed. She actually had a broken back.
    Finally the woman driving the truck got out and was obviously impaired. She didn't say anything, just looked at the front of her truck, and then tried to get back in.
    I thought she was going to flee so I climbed in so she couldn't.
    Sh!t man! Don't leave us hanging! What happened then?

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by STRANA View Post
    Sadly to common in southern Ontario these days and always a pick up!
    I live in SW Ontario and I have noted for a long time (as a cyclist, a motorist and a porch-sitting observer) that, as a broad generalization, pickup drivers tend to be very aggressive. The worst ones by far are the young drivers of black pickups. I guess black pickups are the tool of choice for the young tough-guy wanna-be crowd.

This was a very interesting observation - a few weeks ago in London Ontario I saw lots of flashing lights up the road. When I passed the vehicles involved in this, the police vehicle was a fancy mega-dollar black pickup bristling with lots of add-on do-dads and lots of emergency lights - a true ghost cop car.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Somehow, I doubt that it being a cyclist has little to do with this assault. I'd bet a jaywalker, or a racial minority could've been the victim just as easily.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    You nailed it. All sympathy for the accused, not the victims.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I live in SW Ontario and I have noted for a long time (as a cyclist, a motorist and a porch-sitting observer) that, as a broad generalization, pickup drivers tend to be very aggressive. The worst ones by far are the young drivers of black pickups. I guess black pickups are the tool of choice for the young tough-guy wanna-be crowd.

This was a very interesting observation - a few weeks ago in London Ontario I saw lots of flashing lights up the road. When I passed the vehicles involved in this, the police vehicle was a fancy mega-dollar black pickup bristling with lots of add-on do-dads and lots of emergency lights - a true ghost cop car.
    Funny you bring this us up. Living in Texas, majority of the trucks that have hassled me (or tend do be driven by jerks) tend to be Dodge Rams. From getting coal rolled, to air horns honking needlessly, buzzing me or just teens shouting obscenities, Dodge Ram's are the truck of choice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2015
    I find it funny that on this thread Tapatalk puts an Ad for a black pickup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast