RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010

Cycling, Argus Event and Lance

Hi Fellow Cyclist

Im new to this forum. I need some advice. I was introduced to the sport (lifestyle) through by brother inlaw and I can definitely say that I caught the bug. I consider myself to be an okay cyclist. Im always looking for ways to improve my level of fitness and technique.

I prefer climbing while remaining on the saddle instead of standing as my fellow colleagues. I dont know if Im doing it wrong. Please advise on an appropriate technique.

Im happy that Lance is doing this years Argus cycle event.

Look forward to getting some tips.

banned
    Go ride with groups and see what works for you. If you get to the top you did something right.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

Whatever works

You have to go with whatever works for you. Some like to spend the majority of their time standing or seated. For instance, Armstrong gets out of the saddle a lot. Jan Ullrich did all his climbing seated. Some mix in a little of both. I like to get out of my saddle once and awhile, mainly to stretch. Find a cycling club and ride with a group. You can get good advice from experience cyclist and they will be more than willing to help. I'm excited as it will be coming through my town this year.

You can also buy books regarding cycling . One of my favorites is 'Training For Cycling' by Davis Phinney and Connie Carpenter. One of my friends loaned me a copy years ago and I ended up buying a copy for myself.

Forums like this are also very useful.