RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009

Cycling Bib Problem!!

I ordered a pair of bibs off eBay, and I rode a couple weeks on them and one of my inner thighs is getting a sore/rash from like excess material bunching up and rubbing. I couldn't figure out why it was bunching up but finally got the idea to measure the legs. And sure enough! One leg, the one that rubs, is actually about a half inch or so longer. So materials not tight on the one leg up where it connects to the pad and it rubs and hurts like crazy. Any ideas how to shrink it, fix this in anyway, or would trying to stretch the other leg to match help? Thanks!

-Yeah I'd say it's more of a bunching problem, riding has been cold, like 30s, so I have some leggings on under the shorts and they ride up, maybe when I have the bibs directly on my leg they will stick down further and not bunch
    -I'm not really looking to buy anything new
    Last edited by Rmontgomery07; 02-27-2010 at 07:42 PM.

I didn't even own a cat..
    I've had bunching but never rubbing. Have you really pushed up that side of the bib in the crevice of your crotch? I sometime do just because some of my shorts are too big because I lost several inches on my waist and bottom so my shorts don't fit well anymore.
    2008 Louis Garneau Sonix 6.4
    2002 KHS Flite 500
    1999 Gary Fisher Big Sur

The Trollinator
    Apr 2008
    What size are you?

GearTrade.com has some AMAZING deals if you're anything but a Small (because I buy all the good stuff in size small x-D).

Castelli and Gore Bike Wear, and several other brands. It's basically all closeouts and returns from BackCountry.

Edit:
    I'll even save you some time.
    Last edited by zriggle; 02-27-2010 at 07:42 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The shorts don't do anything different if you had one leg shorter, or no leg at all.
    It sounds like the shorts may be a little big. If they fit tight, try lowering the saddle a little bit, 2mm at a time. Also you may want to try some Bag Balm or some other grease to help with the chafing.Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmontgomery07
    I ordered a pair of bibs off eBay, and I rode a couple weeks on them and one of my inner thighs is getting a sore/rash from like excess material bunching up and rubbing. I couldn't figure out why it was bunching up but finally got the idea to measure the legs. And sure enough! One leg, the one that rubs, is actually about a half inch or so longer. So materials not tight on the one leg up where it connects to the pad and it rubs and hurts like crazy. Any ideas how to shrink it, fix this in anyway, or would trying to stretch the other leg to match help? Thanks!

-Yeah I'd say it's more of a bunching problem, riding has been cold, like 30s, so I have some leggings on under the shorts and they ride up, maybe when I have the bibs directly on my leg they will stick down further and not bunch
    -I'm not really looking to buy anything new
    Quality stuff on ebay.

Military
    Are they brand name?
    "Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
    -Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

eRacer
    Try Performance Elite Bibs.
    Great price and I have 3 pair and never had trouble with bunching over a year and multiple washings.
    John Lapoint / San Diego
    God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wait - people talking about used bibs? Sick. That's just sick.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2009
    And sure enough! One leg, the one that rubs, is actually about a half inch or so longer. So materials not tight on the one leg up where it connects to the pad and it rubs and hurts like crazy

I'm trying to picture that and I just cant. Junk the bibs and get yourself some performance or other name brand bibs. Dont skimp its the only thing between you and the seat.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhite_4
    Wait - people talking about used bibs? Sick. That's just sick.

Man, I hear ya.