RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011

D2 Shoes - Worst. Service. Ever.

Granted, dropping almost a grand on custom shoes isn't everyone's preference or ability, but if you're able and in the market, I'd be very careful about any delivery promises made by D2 Shoes.

My wife ordered a pair through a dealer in Colorado (where we live) in early October last year. Seven months later - no shoes.

No contact from D2 at all. Any and all contact has been her trying to reach them - which hasn't been easy either. She's been met with and endless stream of excuses: we're moving production back to the US (so send a note to your customers letting them know), we've been out of the color you wanted (so pick up the phone and ask if she wants another color or wants to wait), and promises of "we'll ship them next week."

Latest is "I'll just have to make them myself this weekend and you can drive to Eagle (CO) to pick them up.". Wait, I thought they were going to be made and shipped several next-weeks ago; now they're not even started??? After seven months and $1000, I think the owner should be hand-delivering them and kissing her feet in the process, begging forgiveness for unforgivably poor service.

Be warned.
    A road bike needs disk brakes like a fish needs a bicycle (with apologies to Ms. Dunn)

RoadBikeReview Member
    They took 100% down?! Any contract/paperwork on this? What is the dealer who took the order saying? They should be calling not you and or issuing the refund.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Time to begin the legal process. First write them a letter demanding your money back. Give them a deadline; two weeks is reasonable. Tell them you will begin the small claims process if the money is not returned by the end of the two week period. Send the letter certified with a return receipt.

Had a similar problem with an attorney who was supposed to do some work for me. She never did the work and would not return the money. I filed a small claims action against her and the partners in the law group. The money was returned immediately.

I wouldn't pay a grand for a pair of shoes even if I could afford it. But, that's just me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Honestly, I wouldn't either, but she's got funky feet and hip/knee/back issues plus it's her money! ;^)

I'll have to check with her on when her card was actually charged. They told her when she placed the order that they'd contact her and charge her card around
    December when they were ready to start on the shoes.

Amusing update, they appear to have deleted the, factual and civil, post about this issue that I made to their Facebook page. :^D

Some shill had even commented that this is what we should expect when ordering custom.
    A road bike needs disk brakes like a fish needs a bicycle (with apologies to Ms. Dunn)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    Never heard of them so I has to go look at their website. I'd have to have some seriously mangled feet to pay for those shoes. Not my idea of a good looking shoe.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    I ordered my D2 Shoes in January 2012 and recieved them in July 2012. I got the same stoey that they were coming next week and then next week ...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Chick View Post
    I ordered my D2 Shoes in January 2012 and recieved them in July 2012. I got the same stoey that they were coming next week and then next week ...
    i am just curious if the wait seemed worthwhile after 7 months - and also whether they will be "the right ones" as advertised? ;]

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Did you actually pay that $1000 in advance?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Glad they seem to have gotten their system worked out.

Thanks to the power of social media, she did indeed get them when promised this last time and she loves them. The most comfortable cycling shoes she's ever had.

She didn't pay all upfront but when they contacted her to say that they were starting to work on them which was 4-5 months before she actually got them.

Good product and if they have their supply/delivery chain worked out, I can recommend them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    "we're moving production back to the US"- they were made somewhere else, not by them?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by steel515 View Post
    "we're moving production back to the US"- they were made somewhere else, not by them?
    Yes, apparently they were sewn in Mexico for a while.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    I'm glad she finally got the shoes and likes them.