AJL

Question DMT Ultimax Spirits

Anyone have experience with these. I tested out some Sidi's this winter (on my trainer) - they were a no go. Other I tried (just walking around the store) Nike, Pearl Izumi where a no go - shimano (150s I believe) seemed better.

From what I've read Carnac or DMTs might fit me better, but I have to order online to get them. I'm about a 45.5 Euro, I measure as narrow, but narrow shoes don't fit (had to go with Sidi 'Megas') - normal widths are usually fine in sneakers, boots and dress shoes.

Just looking for some feedback.

TIA!

Cheers,
    AJ
    Last edited by AJL; 06-25-2006 at 04:30 AM.

AJL
    Hmm, no one has these shoes? Guess that speaks volumes as to what people think about them

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004

i have dmt ultimax rsx

for about a year and a half, i had a pair of sidis before these and the dmt are wider and much more comfortable. Hope this helps you!

AJL
    Thanks! I believe that they are both made on the same last - so that's good info

RoadBikeReview Member
    for DMT, find out your sidi size , and go half size SMALLER.

AJL
    Probably about a 45 then, assuming that my feet aren't too weird

Thanks!
    Last edited by AJL; 06-26-2006 at 08:45 AM.

i like whiskey
    DMT's are very stiff and light. I have had a pair of the Ultimax RSX's for the last 2.5 years and they are holding up very well. I still have the occassional numb toes, but an unclip and shake of the foot remedies that very quickly.

Before that I wore Sidi Genius that lasted about 2.5 years. They were slightly heavier and not as stiff as the DMT's but I'd say they were more comfortable. Shoes are like saddles. What I like, you may not, and vice versa.

AJL
    Yeah, the Sidi's felt very comfortable walking around, but not clipped in. The arch seemed too high and I couldn't get away from the numbness along the right side of my right foot that would start to show up pretty quickly - and those were megas. So I just don't get the right fit in Sidi's (tried a few pair).