RoadBikeReview Member

Does anyone have Tacx Galaxia Rollers

Are they any good? They claim you can stand and do sprints and the rollers will move so you can stay stable on them. I also like that the drums are shaped to help keep you on them.

Tacx Galaxia

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    Worth a look.

Definitely a lot cheaper than the e-Motion rollers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    The problem I see occurring with the Tacx rollers is an inability to use them on carpeted floors. I'd also wonder about slippage and creeping on hard flooring.

I own a pair of TruTrainer rollers so I've got some experience with these "extra feature" rollers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
    The problem I see occurring with the Tacx rollers is an inability to use them on carpeted floors. I'd also wonder about slippage and creeping on hard flooring.

I own a pair of TruTrainer rollers so I've got some experience with these "extra feature" rollers.
    Why can't you use them on a carpeted floor? I have hard wood floors so that's not a problem. I would put a mat down any way so I don't make a mess on the floor.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I had purchased these rollers and returned them. The "motion" part was ok but the total movement allowed was not enough to justify the price. I ended up just getting a used set of rollers online and built my own "motion" box for like 40 bucks in parts and it works wayyyy better.

The Galaxia rollers just felt cheaply built and I was worried they would not last over the years. I also wanted a resistance unit as I could spin the rollers out too easily and Tacx has no unit for the galaxia line.

Side note the used rollers I did purchase were a taxc brand but the quality seemed so much higher.

Still if you could get the galaxia really cheap than there worth it but in my area the price was substantial.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
    Are you saying that your TruTrainers have problems on hard flooring? I've never had an issue with mine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by superflylondon View Post
    I ended up just getting a used set of rollers online and built my own "motion" box for like 40 bucks in parts and it works wayyyy better.
    Please share some pics and details about your homemade motion box.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I was going to consider it, since they seem a much better simulation of the real world, but i would be concerned about wiping out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN1cuVRRRzM