RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2017

E scooters are good for cyclists

Columbus Ohio ( like many other cities ) was recently taken over by hundreds of the rental electric scooters.
    Like everywhere, these things are ridden on the sidewalk, in the middle of the street ( both sides ) and bike paths. I even saw a parent riding with their kid a few weeks ago...

The good news is.......people will ***** about scooters now instead of cyclists. We look like saints compared to these things... lol
    Last edited by JBarney; 1 Week Ago at 03:37 AM. Reason: spelling

RoadBikeReview Member
    well of course e scooters are better than those people DRIVING AUTOMOBILES. every mile they travel on one of those vs driving, is better for everyone.

Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    The bike share program in DC has been a big success. Tourists and residents alike ride them. The docking requirement isn't a big deal because there must literally be a thousand docking locations. The dockless bikes haven't done so well, mainly because the city capped how many a company could put on the streets. Scooters are getting popular, bu the bike share bikes are the biggest thing I see being used. Then there's the explosion of ebikes on the bike trail. Don't get me started on that.

I always wondered how they charge those things.

KWL
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarney View Post
    The good news is.......people will ***** about scooters now instead of cyclists. We look like saints compared to these things... lol
    I made this comment to my riding buddy just today as a scooter rider blew through a red light we had stopped for.

In the DC area, scooters have pretty much replaced all the dockless bikes. As pmf mentioned CaBi docked bikes are holding their own under the dockless assault by having docks just about everywhere and being properly maintained and balanced.
    Ken
    P.J. O'Rourke: The Internet - whose idea was it to put all the idiots on earth in touch with each other?