I ride in circles..

Edge 705.. Not recording total ascent/descent ?

Last summer my 705 was working perfectly.. I upgraded the firmware over the winter and its been working fine inside.

Last few days I noticed it is not showing my total ascent and total descent. After an hour ride it might show 2-3 feet per total.

If I check my elevation chart it shows the change. My current elevation changes in real time as well.

So far nothing else seems to be wrong.. Anyone have any ideas about this?
    ~ Long Live Long Rides~

RoadBikeReview Member
    Have you tried either a soft or hard reset?

I had a related problem several weeks back where the altitude real-time display blanked out, displaying only "---". Total ascent/descent was also way off but when I downloaded the info to my computer the altitude profile looked reasonable. From a web search others had this issue and in all cases (including mine) it was remedied by doing a soft reset.

If reseting doesn't do the trick you might try searching the Gamin forum -- https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21.

Sep 2007
    A reset is a good idea.

Do you see this on the device itself, on the downloaded activity on the PC, or both? What firmware version are you running?
    Old La Honda in less than 20 minutes! Or you can watch race video from the low-key hill climb on Welch Creek. More at www.biketelemetry.com.

"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.", Winnie-the-Pooh, A. A. Milne.

I ride in circles..
    I emailed Garmin as well just to get a well rounded response. They told me to do the hard reset as well. I'm running the latest firmware and I just did the hard reset tonight. (After my ride of course..)

I'll have to see on my next ride if it's fixed or not.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    ~ Long Live Long Rides~