RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004

EPX 303 sizing and info

Hello,
    I have seen the EPX frames online but I am curious. They seem to have compact frame geometry i.e. 49 seat tube, 53.5 top tube. Does anyone have any experience riding an EPX 303. If so what size is your seat and top tubes? What size would you ride of a Trek or Cannondale frame which utilizes standard geometry(a closer top tube to seat tube size)? Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    http://www.cyclingforums.com/t35140.html

You might find something of value here

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

long top tubes, not compact...

Quote Originally Posted by neilthemeal
    Hello,
    I have seen the EPX frames online but I am curious. They seem to have compact frame geometry i.e. 49 seat tube, 53.5 top tube. Does anyone have any experience riding an EPX 303. If so what size is your seat and top tubes? What size would you ride of a Trek or Cannondale frame which utilizes standard geometry(a closer top tube to seat tube size)? Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    http://epxbikes.com/epx/products/road.asp

The EPX geometry chart is complete, except for standover height. The frames have a conventional horizontal top tube, not a sloping or "compact" design. Note that their "frame size" is the total seat tube length, an unconventional and often confusing method of measurement also used by Trek and Fuji. If their info included a c-c or c-t seat tube measurement or a standover height, it would be much easier to make a comparison.

The head tube length tells a lot about the vertical size of the bike. The "56cm" has a head tube length that is only 120mm, the same as a 51cm c-c (or 53cm c-t) LOOK frame, but has a long 56cm top tube. A 56cm Trek is very close to the same, with a 56.4cm TT.

Cannondales are measured center to top (c-t). Vertically, a 54cm Cannodale will fit similarly to a 56cm Trek (or EPX). but it has a much more normal 54.5cm TT length.