Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bas
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    140 or so. I was wasted. Couldn't sit anymore. Did a lot of standing, pedal/coast a lot/pedal/coast some more... Thankfully return is mostly downhill.

and that was over 10 years ago. lol

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    110 miles, 4 hours 40 minutes. Riding out of Bakersfield toward Bear Mountain, looping back in through Arvin/Lamont

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2017
    54 miles this past weekend. Working my way to a century and beyond..

RoadBikeReview Member
    Only about 106 point something miles. I try to do a Century event or on my own at least once a year. Didn't get a chance during the 2016 Summer to ride 100 miles, so on a required family Christmas time get together in Tampa, I took my bike and used the Suncoast Trail (nearly pancake level) for a little training after 2 month break from riding. November and December were brutally nasty here in Maine.

After only a small number of "training" rides in tropical Florida heat on the last few days of the year, I got in a 106 mile Suncoast Trail ride in on the 30th of December. A whole one day to spare in 2016. Temperatures were very warm and humidity felt pretty bad for a guy from New England. That made it the singularly most painful Century ride ever for me. I didn't think my seat "interface" would ever be the same. Oh, the pain.

This year, I'm signed up for a Century in early September and will do a practice Century in the next couple of weeks, weather permitting.
    At my age, it's all uphill!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2003
    105 miles - Walden, CO to Loveland, CO......does crossing the Rocky Mountains count extra?

Anphaque II
    75 miles on a commuter 'roadbike' while training for a century.

That was done over a 5.5 hour period.
    America's greatest threat: Congressional liberal Democrats

Crimes Against Humanity: The History of The Democrat Party

RoadBikeReview Member
    162 miles. RAIN, the ride across Indiana.

RoadBikeReview Member
    120 Miles... from house to a Charity ride 26 miles a way, rode 68 mile in the charity group ride and then another 26 back home. But like another posted said... on the way home I got a fierce craving for meat, those were the best dam two dozen BBQ chicken wings I ever ate... thanks 7-11
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

Fecal indicator
    116 miles.

did some organized 'century' ride, got a little lost...
    the 45th POTUS is inept, corrupt, and a pathological liar. and those may be his better qualities...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    207 miles.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dombey19 View Post
    162 miles. RAIN, the ride across Indiana.

I live on the south side Indy. I gotta do the RAIN ride sometime in the next few years. My longest so far is 107 miles...but my "training rides" rarely exceed 30 miles.

I need to find a RAIN buddy who rides the same speed as me...about 15.5 mph, average including stop signs.
    To those in uniform, both present and past, who have protected my freedoms, I thank you. I've had a good life so far.

My radio control aircraft addiction is fed by: theprofilebrotherhood.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    bout a hundred and twenty miles, bear mountain and bike, laps around central park, I don't know what got into me that day

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    67 miles on a local rail trail.
    Fred-li-ness is not a virtue, it's a way of life.

Embark on Fredly endeavors.

RoadBikeReview Member
    did 125 miles one time. loaded with bags, about age 14. Used to do a century or two a year in my mid 20s, but that was on midwest flattish roads. My longest ride in 25 years was yesterday at 101km (63miles?) and 4000' ascending. Prepping for the Whistler fondo (122km, 7000' climbing) in Sept - that will be as hard as 125miles I did in the midwest 35 yrs ago.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    129 miles. It was a 200k ride and I made a wrong turn.

It was a bike club's century with a 200k option. I was riding along with a pack of about 10 guys and the road forked. 200k goes left, 100 miles goes right. Everyone but me turned right.

Not a climber
    Gran Fondo New York, twice, once in the rain and cold. Ride was about 108 miles plus another 6 or so to ride to the start. Garmin said 2013 had ~7000 ft of climbing, 2015 was almost 10k.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    This spring I did a solo 320km (200 miles) ride with 6000m (20k feet) of climbing. I was gone for 13 hours and 12 of those were spent moving. Definitely one of the more challenging rides I've done.

Road & Trail Warrior
    Some of you guys are making me feel like a lazy bum.
    Did 100 mile road ride in 6 hours. Not bad for a mountain biker, I guess.

We have met the enemy...
    Quote Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
    Gran Fondo New York, twice, once in the rain and cold. Ride was about 108 miles plus another 6 or so to ride to the start. Garmin said 2013 had ~7000 ft of climbing, 2015 was almost 10k.
    I was volunteering at one of those rainy cold ones, making PB sandwiches at the Boulder's stadium in Pomona--lots of people were abandoning and the organizers had a heck of a time getting rides organized back to the start. (Probably 2013, I'm guessing?)

Longest race distance--107+ miles with a lot of climbing. Finished on my own after getting dropped the last time up the climb--maybe 6th place?; rode the last 20 or so miles hallucinating...

Longest single day ride--about 120 miles or so, lots of 100 mile days touring BITD.

Now 50 miles seems like a long way...
    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."
    John Rogers

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    11 minutes longer than I had hoped for...

Not a climber
    Quote Originally Posted by paredown View Post
    I was volunteering at one of those rainy cold ones, making PB sandwiches at the Boulder's stadium in Pomona--lots of people were abandoning and the organizers had a heck of a time getting rides organized back to the start. (Probably 2013, I'm guessing?)
    Yup, 2013. My friends and I were way underdressed because the weather report was totally wrong. We expected cloudy and high 60s and got mid 50s and rain the entire ride. I spent my rest time at that baseball stadium in the heated bathroom trying to get warm. We toughed it out to the end and I can't believe all the organizers provided was a small bowl of pasta and red sauce. Although since it was piping hot and I felt borderline hypothermic, it was the best pasta I have ever had.

And thank you for volunteering and making the fuel to get us through that hellacious ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    152 of the 200-mile Death Valley Double. Knee tendinitis struck at mile 97. I ended up in a van (not down by the river) listening to Chris Kostman lecture me about saddle position.
    Ballan, we have a problem.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by The Moontrane View Post
    152 of the 200-mile Death Valley Double. Knee tendinitis struck at mile 97. I ended up in a van (not down by the river) listening to Chris Kostman lecture me about saddle position.
    You are going to live in a van down by the river! Lol I miss him

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    88 miles up and down, and up and down over and over again, in the hills of central Pennsylvania. Ran out of water during that hot summer day, so it got tough.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2014
    275 km, average speed 27,5 kmh.
    (172 and 17,2, on the other side of the Atlantic)
    That was during a charity ride, in a very well-behaved peloton, with a couple of hills but no hill worth mentioning, so the average doesn't mean much.
    We took 3 breaks. Physically it wasn't very challenging - the peloton made an enormous difference - but mentally I was finished. I don't like riding in groups and I had an terrifying headache from staying concentrated all the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast