Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009

farthest you've rode in one day, sun up to sun down...

me, 130 miles.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2014
    214 miles the sun wasn't quite up when we left, but still all in one day (14 hours total travel time, just over 11.5 hours on the bike).

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Rome to Athens....

Georgia. I took a route north of Lake Lanier on the way back from Rome, making that day's distance 152 miles. Two days earlier my route around the other end of the lake was only 125 miles.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    126.4 miles, 6hrs 50 minutes of moving time (8hrs 16 mins elapsed time) with about 8000ft of climbing.

a real member's member
    ride
    rode
    have ridden
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    200 miles. 9.5 hours.

RoadBikeReview Member
    207 gravel if not limited by sundown - 175 sun up to sun down.
    Moderation is boring - do epic s##t

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by woodys737 View Post
    200 miles. 9.5 hours.
    ouch! Mine was probably about 130-ish in a little less time. There was a hill!
    BANNED

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by duriel View Post
    ouch! Mine was probably about 130-ish in a little less time. There was a hill!
    Yeah not a ton of climbing maybe 3000' but, rather windy. My comrades were a pro, three cat 1 badasses and me. I credit the pro and one of the other badasses for really keeping it rolling the last 30 miles. Great lesson in energy, nutrition and hydration management!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    3 double centuries (imperial)
    Insert something clever here:

Insert list of every bike I own here:

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    About 150 miles. Three of us were riding from White River Junction, VT to Middlefield CT.
    We reached Plainville, CT when a drunk driver passed by me and hit my 2 riding companions, then fled the scene. Fortunately, a witness followed the car and called police.

The perp had just gotten out of jail.

On a lighter note, and true story:

During that ride, I was eating Fig Newtons and grapes, but my body started craving meat.

At one point I said to Bob, "I could go for a McDonald's cheeseburger." We passed by one McD's but I figured I'd wait for the next one.

Further on I said to Bob, "I could REALLY go for a McDonald's cheeseburger." We slightly altered our route to hit the McD's on Corbin Avenue in New Britain.

We were roughly 5 or so miles from McD's and had stopped at a convenience store to fill up our bottles when I said to Bob, "I could REALLY go for a f^%&in' McDonald's cheeseburger!"

Bob says to me, "They've got ham and cheese sandwiches in the store."

I DON'T WANT A HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICH; I WANT A F^%&IN McDONALD'S CHEESEBURGER!" (I was craving one something fierce by now.)

A few miles later the drunk driver struck.

Ken took an ambulance ride to New Britain General Hospital. Bob called his brother to come pick us up and drive us to Bob's house.

At Bob's house, we figure we better go to NBGH and see how Ken is doing.

"But first," I demanded, "I want a f^%&in' McDonald's cheeseburger!"

So we stopped at McDonald's before going to see Ken. Even Bob ordered a cheeseburger because of my insistence on eating one.

That was the best cheeseburger I've ever tasted.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    About 150 miles but it was relatively flat only 3,000 feet or so. The route was from Manhattan on 11th avenue and 31st to Montauk Long Island. Outside of that my longest has been 115 miles and I don't really have a desire to go beyond that, but truth be told I tend to target elevation more than distance on my rides. I'm an elevation junkie and plan every ride outside of recovery efforts around some type of climb profile

RoadBikeReview Member
    120 miles. Solo. Texas Med Ctr to Surfside TX, and back. Memorial Day weekend 2003. At Surfside, said hello to the volunteers passing out trash bags for that notoriously trashy beach weekend, asked if they would watch my bike for a few minutes, cooled my toes in the water for a few minutes, then headed back north to Med Ctr. When you see the Houston skyline appear, you know you can make it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    A little over 100 miles. Did a century when I was 16 y/o. I'm 47 now. Longest ride since is maybe 70 miles. I plan to do another century someday, but I just don't enjoy riding after 3 or so hours. That's why I never became a pro (and the fact I'm built like a linebacker)

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    207 gravel

Where was that? I might need to go there.

RoadBikeReview Member
    This plus the ride back and forth to the car gets me to 110. Nowadays I don't go much over 30.
    It's Mueller Time

WA outdoor enthusiast
    Mar 2002
    I used to ride a century during each of the summer months (J/J/A) , but not lately.

Longest single day was 120mi - Scotts Valley, CA to Carmel and return.
    Pacifica to Santa Cruz is about the same distance, but felt shorter with the prevalent tailwinds.
    Last edited by SantaCruz; 07-24-2017 at 07:45 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2016
    201 miles. Friend and I. We started after 10:00 AM, but the summer days in Minnesota are pretty long. We attacked each other up the climbs after 185 miles. Only 7300 feet of climbing though.
    I like to ride fast.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    110 kms in 3 hours,can't do more,it just gets boring. Short and punchy rides for me.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    Where was that? I might need to go there.
    Kansas, DK200. You should go. Definitely, a cycling bucket list ride. I think I was as excited finishing DK as I was the first time I won a race.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crit_boy View Post
    Kansas, DK200. You should go. Definitely, a cycling bucket list ride. I think I was as excited finishing DK as I was the first time I won a race.
    thanks. Did a little googling and that does look really excellent and challenging.

edit; I see that Ted King won this thing in 11:50. Holy crap. If it takes him 11:50 I might need to mount a calendar not a computer on my stem.
    Last edited by Jay Strongbow; 07-24-2017 at 12:31 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
    I used to ride a century during each of the summer months (J/J/A) , but not lately.

Longest single day was 120mi - Scotts Valley, CA to Carmel and return.
    did you stop for fish at phils?

RoadBikeReview Member
    thanks. Did a little googling and that does look really excellent and challenging.

edit; I see that Ted King won this thing in 11:50. Holy crap. If it takes him 11:50 I might need to mount a calendar not a computer on my stem.
    you might need a battery back up for the computer, I did! It really is a blast, so scenic, challenging and the town of Emporia and each check point as well as people along the way treat you like a hero - it's just a blast and so well organized - Do It!

Don't dilly dally entering though, it sold out in 3 minutes this year, last year it took 2 hours I think. I got in both times but it's going to get harder this coming year I think.
    Moderation is boring - do epic s##t

Trek Domane
    Niner RLT9 (Gravel Bike)
    Trek Crockett

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Srode View Post
    you might need a battery back up for the computer, I did! It really is a blast, so scenic, challenging and the town of Emporia and each check point as well as people along the way treat you like a hero - it's just a blast and so well organized - Do It!

Don't dilly dally entering though, it sold out in 3 minutes this year, last year it took 2 hours I think. I got in both times but it's going to get harder this coming year I think.
    Thanks. Definitely going to look seriously into that.
    Fortunately I can find some good gravel riding a car ride away from home with the best of it being in Vermont, Western Mass and Southern Quebec. But the roads look totally different there and the whole event looks great so I might be able to justify flying to get too it.

Out this way the big gravel ride is D2R2. It's fantastic. More of a challenge than the 180k distance might indicate.

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013

That reminds me of running track in high school. Sometimes the coach would call out "April, May, June..." instead of the actual time as we ran laps.
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast