RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2017

A few pannier choices

There is a lot of discussion here on panniers and thanks to some of them I think I've narrowed my options down, but I could use a little feedback.

They are in different price ranges and have different layouts, but I like them all.
    I don't want a bag that is big and clunky when only partially filled, which it will be most of the time. I don't do touring or off-roading and I drive to work (too much equipment). I mostly ride around town for exercise or to ride to the gym, but I'd like to start going to the shops. For this reason I am still thinking about throwing front panniers on the back, but here are some choices that I'm considering:

I really like the Giant H2Pro rear panniers but I can't see info regarding dimensions or any reviews. I like the photos and simplicity, and the connection point seems nicely thought out. I also like the front panniers for the back if they aren't substantially smaller.

Then there's the North St. Route Six, which looks quite sexy, but I don't see much on it from other users.

Next is the Arkel Signature H, which looks very simple and elegant, but potentially quite large. My concerns for it are the same as the Ortlieb below.

Finally, I was considering the Ortlieb Urban Commuter Bag, but after watching a video it looks much larger than I thought and I'd probably have to angle it for my size 12 feet, which I'm not too keen on. I do like the attachment system they offer, though.

I think it's coming down to either the H2Pro, either front or rear, or the Route Six.

I'd love to hear experiences from either the bags or at least the companies in general.

Thank you!

Bike:
    Novara Big Buzz (disk brakes), Thudbuster ST, Brooks B17, Redshift Shock Stop, butterfly handlebars, Topeak Explorer rack, SKS longboard fenders.
    Last edited by post78; 1 Week Ago at 07:43 AM. Reason: Adding bike details

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2017
    Alright. Well I'm going to grab the Route Six. It sits right between the other two for capacity. If it's no good, I'll just return them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by post78 View Post
    Alright. Well I'm going to grab the Route Six. It sits right between the other two for capacity. If it's no good, I'll just return them.
    If you're still looking for input, posting this in the Commuting, Touring, and Ride Reports sub-forum might be more productive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    If your still looking check out Relevant Designs. They along with Arkel make some really solid products.