RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013

Wink Finding My new bike! Argon or Bianchi

Hy!! I am new here on the site! I saw a lot of interesting comments of a lot of bikes so I decide to ask a few questions to you guys before I made my desicion to buy a new bike this week!!

The semifinals are the Bianchi Sempre 2012 with shimano 105 new at $2100 and the Argon 18 Krypton 2013 (shim 105) new at $2400 witch is my favorite! Both are full carbon!
    I live in Puerto Rico and I've been ridding since 06'. I had a few years of because of the work and come back the last october! I had a Giant OCR3 06 that I recently sale! I want to Know witch is the best one because I allready have on lay away the Argon but I can change it. I look on the web About the Argon 18 Krypton 2013 but I didnt find much info or reviews. Here on the Island aparently only one or two Know about the brand and there are on the Local bike shop!
    I will appreciate all the info because this week I will buy one Carbon Bike!!!!' Thanks For All my new Friendsss!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I've been training and racing on my Argon 18 Krypton since the start of this year. Mine is a 2012 model, which is the same as the 2013, but with a different colour scheme.

I bought mine with 105 as well but those parts went onto another bike while the Krypton got full Ultegra 6700. I think the frame definitely deserves the Ultegra parts.

I love the ride of this bike, it's stiff as possible without being harsh. Holds speed with supreme ease and descending on this bike is pure ecstasy... Handling is very predictable and responsive but not twitchy. Though for me the race geometry took a little bit of getting used to, now it fits like a glove. I have raced the Krypton more than I've trained on it. Four road races and a Time Trial so far and this is only the beginning of the season. I also crashed it one, wipeout with train tracks, bike did a summersault over my head and crashed into the tracks, some scuffing but nothing broke. (knock on wood)

A negative: The stock seatpost is a heavy stump (ASP1500), if you want to climb well with this bike and don't want that thing acting like a pendulum, switch to something like a Thompson Masterpiece.

My Krypton in (almost) current form:
    Last edited by demonrider; 04-28-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: added image
    Argon 18
    Ridley
    Brodie

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    demonrider; thanks for your advised!! You are the first one who really gave me a real review of the Krypton! Know I am more confident about my desision! I will take your advise and if I end with the Argon, before it came out of the bike shop I will replace the seat post!! Thanks a lot!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Omarp10 View Post
    demonrider; thanks for your advised!! You are the first one who really gave me a real review of the Krypton! Know I am more confident about my desision! I will take your advise and if I end with the Argon, before it came out of the bike shop I will replace the seat post!! Thanks a lot!!!
    You are welcome. If you do a google search for argon 18 Krypton 2012 review you should find much more info. As I mentioned earlier it's the same exact frame as 2013.
    Argon 18
    Ridley
    Brodie

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by demonrider View Post
    You are welcome. If you do a google search for argon 18 Krypton 2012 review you should find much more info. As I mentioned earlier it's the same exact frame as 2013.
    Thanks for the info! I will google it!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Do you race with the Fulcrom or have another rim?!

RoadBikeReview Member
    The 2013 Krypton in Matte Black is just sexy!

Finding My new bike! Argon or Bianchi-krypton_black_3-4_front.jpg
    check my review page below!

www.roadiemanila.com

RoadBikeReview Member

Finding My new bike! Argon or Bianchi

Quote Originally Posted by Omarp10 View Post
    Do you race with the Fulcrom or have another rim?!
    I raced with Fulcrum Quattros as well as H Plus Son Archetype wheels.
    Argon 18
    Ridley
    Brodie

RoadBikeReview Member

Finding My new bike! Argon or Bianchi

Quote Originally Posted by mann2 View Post
    The 2013 Krypton in Matte Black is just sexy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Krypton_Black_3-4_front.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	279960
    Yes it is! I was thinking of getting an E-116 in that colour scheme just to get something different but ended up with a 2012 B&W scheme instead, like my Krypton. Which is fine, already like that look and will make a nice racing/TT tag-team.
    Argon 18
    Ridley
    Brodie