RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

former S.I. flite gel flow users !!

ok so i have had it trying to ride with this saddle, i've done everything to try and make it work for me but no luck. anyone who has tried this saddle and switched to something else? what did you switch too? i'm looking for something with the cut out. thats the only good thing about the flite. any suggestions?

Gruntled

Opposite for me...

I've tried about 5 different saddles in the last 3 years and the Flite gelflow is the only one I like. So, maybe we're opposites and the ones I didn't like will work ofr you? I tried two from fizik - the long one (Arione?) and the lightweight one (forgot the name) - as well as the SLR gelflow and the fairly comfy but very heavy Prolink gelflow.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by c-dog
    ok so i have had it trying to ride with this saddle, i've done everything to try and make it work for me but no luck. anyone who has tried this saddle and switched to something else? what did you switch too? i'm looking for something with the cut out. thats the only good thing about the flite. any suggestions?
    You might try the Koobi Au Enduro - some do not care for it - I've had a great experience with it so far - came to it from the Prolink

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2004
    I tired a bunch of seats and am very impatient so this whole "ride it for a few 100 then let me know what you think" is bullshit. My Specialzed seat was ok, but 30+ it killed, did a 40 mile and had to hobble the next day. So I tried a few random seats, nothing fit well, LBS was pretty cool with it, finally ordered an Aliante. Bliss, I wanted the swing back shape, cups me very and I enjoy the heck out of it. I think it is the most expensive seat on the market however, but I really liked it. The reason for my previous comment, all the other seats were almost an immediate yuck. This one however, good from the second I sat on it. I think the big mis nomer is when someone suggest you just ride it out for a little while. I could tell the difference with first time on a road bike seat pain, and this seat sucks pain.

Kyle