RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2005

Garmin Edge 205/305 Battery Life Question

For anyone who has purchased the new Edge 205/305, what kind of batter life are you getting out your Edge? I am getting between 6-7 hours out of mine until it hits the last bar. This leads me to believe that their 12 hour battery life claim might not be accurate.

Adrenalina Italiana

Haven't recieved mine yet,but have read the manual

Quote Originally Posted by gianttcrracer@comcast.net
    For anyone who has purchased the new Edge 205/305, what kind of batter life are you getting out your Edge? I am getting between 6-7 hours out of mine until it hits the last bar. This leads me to believe that their 12 hour battery life claim might not be accurate.
    and it mentions that you can adjust how long the background light stays on.This obviously wont account for the lack of hours your battery is allowing,but it states that it definately drains the life out of the battery if it stays on for an extended amount of time.
    " the odds are good, the goods are even odder."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gianttcrracer@comcast.net
    The consistent theme I am seeing here and on motionbased is that the battery indicator says empty WAY before the unit actually shuts down.

Just Ride!!!!!
    I rode for 2 hours with 1 bar and it was still on 1 bar when I was done.