RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010

Giordana Forma Red Bibs

Just bought two of them since backcountry.com has them at $100/bib. Anyone here has any experience with these? Looks like they were $200 originally. Need some new long distance bibs since my other ones are starting to wear out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    I think there might be two Formared edition bibs, or maybe different year models, but they probably fit/wear the same.

Here's a couple of reviews, from Wiggle:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/giordana-bod.../#BVRRWidgetID

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Just an update. I received the bibs today. I have to say that they are one of the nicest bibs I have ever tried on. The fabric is soft and silky. The chamois is probably one of the better ones out there. I have not ridden on it so I can't tell you whether they are as nice as my De Soto 400. But from the feel of it, they are really nice. Also made in Italy too. For $100, I think they are a great deal comparing to the others top of the line bibs.

Last edited by uncrx2003; 09-27-2012 at 04:05 PM.

likes to eat donuts
    It seems like that $100.00 price must have changed already, as the only Giordana Forma Red bibs on that I can see at on that site are selling for $150.00.
    “The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.”
    -Groucho Marx

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by piano,piano View Post
    It seems like that $100.00 price must have changed already, as the only Giordana Forma Red bibs on that I can see at on that site are selling for $150.00.

You have to enter in the code "save50" to see your final price in your cart...many items are 50% off with the code (and not the 25-30% seen)

As I mentioned, there's maybe 3 different "Formared" bib models...the ones he got are on page 3 of the "Shorts and bibs" section.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    I bought a pair of the Forma Red Carbon's last week from Real Cyclist and just tried them- I won't be buying anything from Castelli again let me put it to you that way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Thinking about picking up a few more. These bibs might be really nice for tall people. The shoulder straps have a nice stretch to them that doesn't bind. I have owned a top of the line Castelli and these are much nicer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uncrx2003 View Post
    Thinking about picking up a few more. These bibs might be really nice for tall people. The shoulder straps have a nice stretch to them that doesn't bind. I have owned a top of the line Castelli and these are much nicer.

Can you at least go ride in them, and then report back? I have DeSoto 400s and Castelli Free Aeros, like them both, but let me know what you think after riding the Formareds

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    These Giordana bibs are great IMO. I also have several pair of Castelli Free Aero race bibs and am far more impressed with the Giordana bibs. Compared to my Assos F.I. 13 S5 bibs, these are very close in chamois quality, but a bit more compressive than Assos. I'll buy again.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    I agree, the Giordana bibs are the best I've tried. The Forma is exceptional in every way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    yeah, i think so,These bibs might be really nice for tall people. The shoulder straps have a nice stretch to them that doesn't bind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    How big is the chamois? Does it extend up further in the back than other bibs you have tried?

banned
    Nov 2001
    I tried them and found them to be nothing special. No better, no worse than my desoto or craft bibs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004

Giordana the hidden secret

I wear nothing but Giordana clothing, from the base layers to jerseys and bib's. The Chamois in those shorts have Aloe vera impregnated into the fabric. No need for butt butter at all.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2004
    I go with Pearls for my bibs and they suit me fine, but did wanted to chime in on Giordana stuff, in general. I two jerseys and they are exceptional. Even their "cheaper" stuff is well made, fits well and is long lasting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Mini review tonight. Finally had a chance to try them out tonight on a short ride. We rode 20 miles tonight. The bib is extremely nice. The compression is very close to the De Soto 400 bib. The fabric material is top notch. The chamois is really comfortable and not extremely thick. That's the way I prefer. Previously, I said that this could be good for tall people. Well, I take back that comment. The medium bib fits very snuggly on me. I'm 5'9 and 160 lbs for reference. The strap would not be long enough for taller people. The sizing is similar to De Soto. It fits much more snug than other bibs I have own. Overall, this is a top of the line bib. I'll be doing a 50mi ride this weekend. I'll report back after the ride.