RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

Question Giro Lusso Gloves-Any Experience?

Does anyone have any experience with Giro Lusso Gloves? I was thinking about getting a pair but the only review I managed to find on another site indicated that they might have some durability problems. That said, I'm really light on equipment and was wondering if the problems may have come about as a result of user error (Yeah, I know, it's pretty hard to use gloves the wrong way).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2002
    I prefer the Giro Monaco gloves (FWIW).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ewitz
    I prefer the Giro Monaco gloves (FWIW).
    Any particular set of reasons?

Witty custom user title
    The Giro Zero gloves are EXCELLENT. I like them far more than any of the others I have in my rotation to include the Castelli Corsa Rosso. The Zeros fit perfectly, are very comfortable, shed moisture well, and the white and silver looks GOOD.

Try a pair on if you have a chance - I really like these a lot.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006

Not sure about the Zeros

I'm pretty sure the Zeros wouldn't work out for me. My most recent problem has been hand numbness when I stay in the drops for a while and I've been using Craft's Elite Glove, which is pretty lightly padded. I'm trying to find something that will offer more comfort than those.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009

Not washable

I wore the Lussos for about 10 rides and loved them but they needed a wash so I rinsed them under cool water for about a minute and then air dried them.

The leather on the back of the hand turned to cardboard! It also took on a greyish colour.

I thought they might soften up if I wore them on a ride but they acctually just stretched out to the point where they are basically loose and the leather still feels like cardboard.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by echowonder
    I wore the Lussos for about 10 rides and loved them but they needed a wash so I rinsed them under cool water for about a minute and then air dried them.

The leather on the back of the hand turned to cardboard! It also took on a greyish colour.

I thought they might soften up if I wore them on a ride but they acctually just stretched out to the point where they are basically loose and the leather still feels like cardboard.
    Thanks. I was planning on wearing them racing on the East Coast and they would definitely see some use in the wet. I guess your experience would point to that being a bad idea.

Slow rider on fast wheels
    I have a pair of the Monacos and am not impressed so far. Hands felt numb and sore during rides and there's no nose wipe on the thumb area which is pretty much a standard feature these days on "utility" gloves. The other gloves I've tried, like the Castelli Rosso Corsa and Serfas' RX were much more comfortable for me.