Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Giro Prolight SLX cycling Shoes

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  FatTireFred 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone!!!

I just got a response from Andy at Competitive cycling because I emailed him and was asking whats the best shoes right now to get? I told him I owned last years Ergo2 and was thinking about the new Vernice Ergo2 or the Shimano's top of the line Model shoes? Heres what he said.

"John,
Neither. Get the new Giro Prolight SLX.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/product-apparel/2011-giro-prolight-slx-shoes-8423.3051.0.html

Check out my review. They fit like Cinderella’s glass slipper – I’ve got a pair on order
."

I just googled these shoes and Slane Cycles Overseas was the only other place who was carrying them.

If you own a pair of these shoes can I get your input? I was really leaning towards the newer Sidi Ergo2 vernice.

My Bday is coming up and I am looking to get myself a nice present.lol

Thanks in Advance

See less See more
#3 ·
Lots of people seem to like the Specialized Sworks shoes too- can't hurt to check them out if you have a local dealer.

#7 ·
I saw them at interbike and had an opportunity to try them on. The fit in my size was very nice and I have wide fit. Finish on the shoes I saw was excellent. But after that it is all subjective. Until someone can actually say how they feel after 50-60 miles I would look at other proven brands. I currently ride with Northwave and love them.

#8 · (Edited)
I was doing some searching last night on these shoes and was told the reason they did away with the Buckle is in the event you crash?? The buckle will not survive and the strap will, I was like telling myself I am not planning on crashing anytime soon.lol I myself being a SIDI Ergo 2 owner love the bells and whistles the shoes Bling to the table.

I am aware that these are not supposed to be available till march here in the States but I can get them if I really wanted to Now by ordering them overseas and will be here in 1 week.but I am not sure how much Levi got paid to push these new shoes. I agree w the comment of not getting anything unless its been really tested by one of us.

Thanks for the input so far

May you guys have a safe and a Happy New year!!!

Midwest Playa:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.