RoadBikeReview Member

Giro Prolight SLX cycling Shoes

Hello Everyone!!!

I just got a response from Andy at Competitive cycling because I emailed him and was asking whats the best shoes right now to get? I told him I owned last years Ergo2 and was thinking about the new Vernice Ergo2 or the Shimano's top of the line Model shoes? Heres what he said.

"John,
    Neither. Get the new Giro Prolight SLX.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/pr...23.3051.0.html

Check out my review. They fit like Cinderella’s glass slipper – I’ve got a pair on order
    ."

I just googled these shoes and Slane Cycles Overseas was the only other place who was carrying them.

If you own a pair of these shoes can I get your input? I was really leaning towards the newer Sidi Ergo2 vernice.

My Bday is coming up and I am looking to get myself a nice present.lol

Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by Midwest Playa; 03-15-2012 at 11:05 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    NOt available until february

flinty-eyed moderator
    Lots of people seem to like the Specialized Sworks shoes too- can't hurt to check them out if you have a local dealer.
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    i would go any shoe made of lorica rather than leather
    LANCE ARMSTRONG 2009 NEVADA CITY CHAMPION

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2009
    I ride Northwave and am very happy (same model as Hincapie). The S works are very nice shoes as already mentioned. Sorry no input on these shoes but I really like having an upper ratchet on my shoes.

duh...
    Quote Originally Posted by dw67
    NOt available until february

can't wear white shoes until spring anyway... do they make a matching bag?

Quote Originally Posted by mikagsd
    Fat tire Fred....you are the bike god of the universe and unless someone agrees with your reasoning they are just plain stupid

Just Plain Bitter
    I saw them at interbike and had an opportunity to try them on. The fit in my size was very nice and I have wide fit. Finish on the shoes I saw was excellent. But after that it is all subjective. Until someone can actually say how they feel after 50-60 miles I would look at other proven brands. I currently ride with Northwave and love them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

RoadBikeReview Member
    I was doing some searching last night on these shoes and was told the reason they did away with the Buckle is in the event you crash?? The buckle will not survive and the strap will, I was like telling myself I am not planning on crashing anytime soon.lol I myself being a SIDI Ergo 2 owner love the bells and whistles the shoes Bling to the table.

I am aware that these are not supposed to be available till march here in the States but I can get them if I really wanted to Now by ordering them overseas and will be here in 1 week.but I am not sure how much Levi got paid to push these new shoes. I agree w the comment of not getting anything unless its been really tested by one of us.

Thanks for the input so far

May you guys have a safe and a Happy New year!!!

Midwest Playa
    Last edited by Midwest Playa; 03-15-2012 at 11:05 PM.

duh...
    sidi sells replacement buckles

iiwm I wouldn't buy a model or brand of shoes that I've never tried on

Quote Originally Posted by mikagsd
    Fat tire Fred....you are the bike god of the universe and unless someone agrees with your reasoning they are just plain stupid