• Gloves

Votes: 177 74.7%
  • No Gloves

Votes: 60 25.3%

Gloves or No gloves?

35K views 91 replies 68 participants last post by  Benjamin Less 
#1 ·
#85 ·
I only wear gloves on group rides (weekend), outside of the weekend however, on my solo rides I go barehanded. One there isn't much traffic where I live & so probability of a crash is small. I think in my group rides with so many riders there is a much greater chance of a crash so I do wear gloves on these days. Plus on my group's rides, they really pick the pace up to very high speeds so excessive sweating's inevitable & I wouldn't want to lose my grip because of it & cause a huge pile up. I tend to take it easy when by myself, so I'm not out sprinting with a death grip the whole time.//no spellcheck

#88 ·
I wear gloves but with light or no padding. I prefer simple leather palms with no padding. Hate gel pads. I'd go without, but I don't like the feel of sweaty bar tape, and if I fall, I want the gloves on. Also makes it possible to swipe off tire debris while riding.

#90 ·
Tuck and Roll. Hands hitting pavement.
You people sure do plan on falling alot. No gloves, no gloves, no gloves.
Don't plan on the fall. Plan on the ride.

#91 ·
I'm on the fence as well. I never plan on falling. but as I write this I'm sitting on my butt on a sunny, 70ish day with two screws in my hip, 5 broken ribs, a shattered shoulder blade and a broke color bone. I didn't see the car and she didn't see me until it was too late. But my hands are ok,thanks gloves, and no head injury, thanks helmet. So I think I'll always wear my gloves from now on. plus my helmet. Gloves are also great for running your hand over your front tire after going thru that broken glass that was unavoidable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.