Get me to In&Out

Gore Ride-On customer service top notch

I have been using these cables since 1998. Love them. I recently installed a set on my hard tail mtb with SRAM XO components. The design of the XO isn't standard where the grub seal would go, and Gore (owned by SRAM now) has special instructions for installing the grub seal. I didn't get those in my kit and the grub seal tore possibly comprimising the integrity of the sealed system. I called them and let them know what I had going on, and the customer service rep asked for my address. I though she was just going to send a replacement grub seal, cable, and liner. Instead they sent an entire sealed cable kit! Bravo Gore. Customer service is top notch. This is why I am brand faithful when someone takes care of me. Speedplay has had my buisness for along time for similar treatment.
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

Quote Originally Posted by spookyload View Post
    I have been using these cables since 1998. Love them. I recently installed a set on my hard tail mtb with SRAM XO components. The design of the XO isn't standard where the grub seal would go, and Gore (owned by SRAM now) has special instructions for installing the grub seal. I didn't get those in my kit and the grub seal tore possibly comprimising the integrity of the sealed system. I called them and let them know what I had going on, and the customer service rep asked for my address. I though she was just going to send a replacement grub seal, cable, and liner. Instead they sent an entire sealed cable kit! Bravo Gore. Customer service is top notch. This is why I am brand faithful when someone takes care of me. Speedplay has had my buisness for along time for similar treatment.
    Sram doesn't own Gore. Gore licenses their cable coating technology to Jagwire who makes Gore and Sram cables. Until the end of this year. Gore is exiting the cable business. Sram is scrambling trying to find something as good. Hoard your Gore cable sets... I am.
    Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray