RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009

got my bullhorns........

but I don't think my drop bar levers will work so i'm looking at the aero levers that act as bar ends. TT levers, I think. so i'm looking at them and I don't see where the cables come out. do I have to drill the bar? do they run along the bar? need to pull the trigger soon because the bar is here and the tape will be here tomorrow. HELP?!?!?

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Can you better describe what you bought? Maybe a link? It's not clear to me what you're asking. One thing though -- it's never a good idea to drill holes in a handlebar.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Can you better describe what you bought? Maybe a link? It's not clear to me what you're asking. One thing though -- it's never a good idea to drill holes in a handlebar.
    He's talking about levers like these that install in the end of the bars. Often called "reverse" levers.
    https://www.amazon.com/Cane-Creek-Tr.../dp/B000ZTNXCS
    The cables run along the bottom of the bar. You don't have to drill anything.
    "Lay me down like a stone, O God, and raise me up like a loaf." Platon Karataev, War and Peace Book XII

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    yes. those are them. thanks. i'm not good at attaching links. i'm a bit challenged, technologically. so my bars arrived and I figured I would rush to rip the drop bars out and re-use the levers and bar tape. well, sadly this was not to be and i'm now without a bike waiting for the rest of my parts to arrive. gonna be a good few beautiful riding days without my trusty new ride. oh bother.