RoadBikeReview Member

Havenít ridden, feel bad, cheer me up

I havenít been feeling good physically for a while now. Had a medical issue and that, paired with the medication zapped my strength for a while. As I was on my to recovery, caught a cold and am over it but that lingering congestion and mucus wonít go away. Also had family obligations that took my time.

Last couple rides I did (47 mile group ride and a 20 something mile solo ride) were slow because I was feeling bad so I took it very easy. Especially up hills, which I tried to avoid as much as I could (I usually go out of my way to hit hills).

Anywhoo, I havenít been on the bike for over 2 weeks and likely wonít be until this Saturday, when I plan on going on a group ride. Iíll do the slower group but really, this post is just about me being sad and angry at not being able to get out. I was pretty consistent and was seeing satisfying results before all of this so it feels like a setback and is really disappointing.

Anybody else have a longish layoff? Did you bounce back OK?
    I ride mostly in the honorable pursuit of being kissed on both cheeks at the same time by one blond and one brunette. But not redheads, they scare me.

Ricardo Cabeza
    yeah me too. I consoled myself yesterday by drinking most of a 12 pack of Sam Octoberfest
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    I have not been on the bike in a month.
    Work, family vacations, kids school starting back and afternoon showers have all but killed my riding.
    I too feel horrid.
    Planned on riding this afternoon. Guess what. Meet the teacher tonight and it is raining.
    Hopefully Thursday.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012

Buck up, little camper!

I had a great steady training base leading up to the Gran Fondo New York, then got hit with a crippling upper respiratory infection three weeks out that had me bed-ridden fro almost two weeks, and barely made it through the ride. I am soon taking on the Alpine Loop Gran Fondo in a few weeks with almost a full 25% more elevation over a slightly shorter route, and am feeling good and strong for it.

Just ease back into it, and ramp up by adding 10-20% distance to each week's long ride. Your muscles have memory, and with a little refreshment, will return to their former selves - or better form than that!
    ďTraining is like fighting with a gorilla. You donít stop when youíre tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.Ē - Greg Henderson

Now it can be Told! Further Truth about De-evolution.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yup, we had our second kiddo 6 weeks ago and it turns out he's got a milk protein intolerance. Of course we didn't figure that out right away so we've had several weeks of a screaming infant which meant no riding for me. Hopefully I can get out for a shortish ride this weekend.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    Cheer up Charlie! Think about how good that wind is gonna feel this weekend. Go work on your bike, wash your bottles and gear, open an old cycling magazine and let the time fly by!