RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011

How do I make my brake pads engage evenly??

Ok.. so I finally figure out how to adjust the brake caliper to engage at the same time.. using the small allen key on the top of the brake caliper.. I also had to tight the allen key thats behind the fork because the entire brake set(s) (rear too) were loose.

All is good.. Except I notice that my brake pads them selves are not straight.. for example one of them on both the front and back are angled a little.. So the rear of the pad hits first.. Obviously my pads are going to wear wrong, but because of this I have my brake caliper adjusted to compensate both brakes..

I see the allen key on the out side of the pad.. Is this where I would go to adjust this?? I'm a little nervous because after I loosen it.. I will now have to adjust for everything.. Up and down, side to side and angle adjustment..

Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    here... The first minute of this video explains my problem.. It looks to be pretty simple.. And worrying about the adjustment of the pad.. He explains to apply the brakes then tighten..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAHrHDTsu5U

good?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yup...I do similar. Depending on your preferences, you can use a feeler gauge or similar spacer to adjust the toe or heel of pad contact.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks.. Actually engaging the brake made it EASY!! I did it just now in 20 seconds or less.. lol..

RoadBikeReview Member
    I thought you always wanted some toe in on the front of the pads.