Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

How many jerseys do you own?

Since I am still new to road riding I just thought I would put it out there. I mean, I wouldn't want to commit a road riding faux pas by getting caught wearing the same jersey too often.

Last count I have 8 short sleeve cycling jerseys and 2 long sleeve. My favorites are the 2 Star Wars ones my wife bought for my birthday last fall.

microdosed sarcasm
    Jul 2010
    I'm not sure if you're serious after the star wars and faux pas comments. But it doesn't hurt anyone for me to respond as if you're being serious. So here goes:

Like many amateur racers, I do the majority of my riding in a team kit (matching jersey and bibshorts). I have around one half dozen of these kits and they all look the same. And a matching speedsuit. Faux pas?

In addition, I have three other complete kits, a few jerseys I've won at races, and some baggy mountain biking stuff.

RoadBikeReview Member
    3 long sleeves and 7 short sleeves. A couple of the short sleeves are for emergency use only- cheap Performance jerseys that are stretched all to hell. My favorite two are Nalini pro jerseys from 1995- I still wear them every week, even in winter with arm warmers. Absolutely bullet proof.

RoadBikeReview Member

Re: How many jerseys do you own?

2 short sleeves. Looking for #3 soon.

Pitts Pilot
    Dec 2011
    4 Short Sleeve Jerseys
    0 Long Sleeve Jerseys
    1 Pair of Sleeves

I wash my riding clothes once a week. I'm unclear why one would need more jerseys than the number of rides he does per week.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitts Pilot View Post
    4 Short Sleeve Jerseys
    0 Long Sleeve Jerseys
    1 Pair of Sleeves

I wash my riding clothes once a week. I'm unclear why one would need more jerseys than the number of rides he does per week.
    if you wash jerseys less than once per week could be a good reason
    Blows your hair back.

Pitts Pilot
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by den bakker View Post
    if you wash jerseys less than once per week could be a good reason
    Ya - what's the hurry - it's not like they stink or anything.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitts Pilot View Post
    Ya - what's the hurry - it's not like they stink or anything.
    only on the seventh day. the previous 6 it's like roses.
    Blows your hair back.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I own about 10. Some long sleeved for spring/fall, mostly short sleeved. Some that I bought to try the brand to see how it fit/lasted, some were mistakes, some duplicates of favorites. I cycle every day and tend to rotate between 3-4 jerseys so that means the favorites get washed a good 90 times a year. So some are replacements for worn jerseys but I still keep the old ones for indoor winter riding.

My current favorite brands are Castelli & Hincapie.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2002
    I own about 25 short sleeve & 7 long sleeve jerseys that have some sort of graphics, such as team or club jerseys, and probably another dozen or so solid color jerseys. Some don't fit anymore since I put on a few pounds, but I keep them for when I get in shape again (yeah, right, like that's gonna happen). But I still have fewer jerseys than my wife has shoes, so I'll continue to add to my collection.
    Insert something clever here:

Insert list of every bike I own here:

RoadBikeReview Member
    A hell of a lot. I can probably work out for a month straight and not run out of jerseys, shorts, and socks without having to do laundry.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2013
    Currently I have 2 jerseys.
    Last edited by rossb48; 03-07-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Fecal indicator
    7 SS jerseys...but, there's one I rarely wear, it's cut weird...a PBK clearance item. you get what you pay for...

1 LS jersey, but rarely wear it...prefer to layer with arm warmers, windbreaker, etc.

all of my jerseys have logos of some kind...I hate the generic, nashbar look...
    eff all y'all...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    I have five jerseys/four shorts and one pair of knickers(not English just think its funny). I have been riding for less than a year. I do have a question. I have a trek bike, and have a couple cannondale items I wear. I haven't seen anyone else brand clash. Is this a bad omen?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Hero View Post
    I'm not sure if you're serious after the star wars and faux pas comments. But it doesn't hurt anyone for me to respond as if you're being serious. So here goes:
    No, I am serious. I realize sometimes it is hard to tell with some guys. I am just curious. And I NEVER joke about Star Wars. Since I was born in the early 70's I grew up my entire life as a Star Wars fan. These are the 2 Jerseys she bought me...

Attachment 276549

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Six short sleeve jerseys (+1 coming), one thermal long sleeve. Two pairs shorts, one pair arms, knees, one convertible jacket. Covered for just about anything above freezing.

Recycle King
    I have 6 short sleeve jerseys...one of them(Trek OCLV) I brought pre-owned on ebay when I used to own a Trek 5200. I don't have any long sleeve jerseys since I wear either Underarmor long sleeve cold gear underneath a short sleeve jersey or wear an Asics Thinsulate long sleeve.

I own 4 pairs of shorts, 3 of which I brought pre-owned on ebay, though only 3 pairs fits me. I could use another pair or 2 shorts. Any suggestions? I love my Performance gel padded 8 panel shorts but would like to hear what else is worth looking into.
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner

"Common sense is not too common these days."

"Cheap things have no value, valuable things are not cheap." - Fortune Cookie

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    1 long sleeve, 7 short, give or take. One or two of the short sleeve jerseys never make it out of the closet though

RoadBikeReview Member
    I currently have 5.

Rainrider
    One (1) short sleeve jersey.

I need to buy a few more.

I Love PAIN
    6 short sleeve jerseys
    3 tri jerseys
    2 pair of bibs
    3 shorts
    2 tri shorts
    1 winter bibs

Crap load of socks.

irony intended
    Including the cheap ones I purchased before becoming a bike snob, and not including the ones given away on the rides that I never wear?

4 cra*py cheapos and 8 fancy schmancy Assos/Rapha/Capo.

not to single anyone out, but....People, read the instructions! Jerseys!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011

Re: How many jerseys do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Since I am still new to road riding I just thought I would put it out there. I mean, I wouldn't want to commit a road riding faux pas by getting caught wearing the same jersey too often.

Last count I have 8 short sleeve cycling jerseys and 2 long sleeve. My favorites are the 2 Star Wars ones my wife bought for my birthday last fall.
    Sounds like plenty. I seem to accumulate them.

1 club jersey
    1 souvenir from my first century
    1 magic hat souvenir from the brewery - my favorite
    1 nice specialized to replace one destroyed in a crash as a reward to get back out there.
    1 from my old job for a charity ride with them
    1 cheap replica that seemed good as a newbie.
    2 discount brands from when i first started
    8 short sleeve
    3 long sleeve too.

Bianchi-Campagnolo
    Uh oh.

2 club jerseys (plus a skin suit. An "aero" jersey incoming)
    2 previous club jerseys
    2 previous club jerseys from the club I was in before my previous club...
    1 Assos SS.Uno_S7
    1 Team Telekom 1996
    1 Gewiss-Playbus 1996
    1 pink Mercatone Uno-Bianchi (commemorating Pantani's 1998 Giro win)
    1 Bianchi-Martini MTB team jersey (1998?)
    1 "Kom i Form Treningssenter" jersey from 1997. Pretty cool and useless with 50% cotton
    1 long arm club jersey
    1 Assos Intermediate_S7 long arm jersey

I've thrown away some...

Do you want jackets too? Gilets? Arm warmers, caps, hoodies, gloves, bibshorts, knickers, tights, knee warmers, leg warmers and shoe covers?
    They do anything just to win a salami in ridiculous races. I take my gear out of the car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of those lives shocks me. It was the illest of times, it was the dopest of times. And we looked damn good. Actually the autobus broke down somewhere on the Mortirolo.

banned
    I have no jerseys, never had one nor care to get one. I wear layers of running gear in the cold weather and a loose fitting cotton T-Shirt in the hot weather. I don't even wear cycling shorts, I wear surf runner shorts with no padding. I do use cycling gloves and have two good quality pairs of cycling shoes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast