RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008

I am purchasing a Cevelo P2 SL sizing help please?

Ok, so I am between 6 feet and 6'1, I am around 189 pounds and this will be my first tri bike; and I never rode with Aero bars before.

So I went to my LBS and I test rode the 56 and the 58 here are my thoughts

The 56- felt a little weird 1st time ever with aero bars, (I first rode this bike because the LBS rep said that he though this was the perfect fit for me.) But I didn't feel quite as fast as I thought I would be the place is in the city so it's hard to open it up. I had about 20 people tell me that the 56 is right for me. I have a 34 pant length and I am well proportioned in body lenght.

the 58 felt a little better (meaning comfortable and faster) I thought this bike fit me more but again this may be due to the fact that it is similar to my road bike.

Right now I ride a 62 Specialized Allez road bike. This new Cervelo will be used for HIM's and Ironman distance. Any advice on which frame would fit me "better" remember this is a Tri-fit.
    Thanks
    -MC

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    The concensus that I got when I was looking for my tri bike is that you generally want one a size smaller than you ride on a road bike. That said, all frame geometry is different, so it's not a steadfast rule.

Do they have a camera where they can record your foot motion? If they do, make sure you take advantage of it. Have them measure your foot angle and your leg angle at 5 oclock. Also have them take a look at your back and your arm extension. You should be around 90 degrees at the arm bends and your back should be straight. If you're more than 90 degrees on the bend, the sizing could be too big. If you're hunched up, then the sizing may be too small.

Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member

P2sl

Quote Originally Posted by nyfan21
    Ok, so I am between 6 feet and 6'1, I am around 189 pounds and this will be my first tri bike; and I never rode with Aero bars before.

So I went to my LBS and I test rode the 56 and the 58 here are my thoughts

The 56- felt a little weird 1st time ever with aero bars, (I first rode this bike because the LBS rep said that he though this was the perfect fit for me.) But I didn't feel quite as fast as I thought I would be the place is in the city so it's hard to open it up. I had about 20 people tell me that the 56 is right for me. I have a 34 pant length and I am well proportioned in body lenght.

the 58 felt a little better (meaning comfortable and faster) I thought this bike fit me more but again this may be due to the fact that it is similar to my road bike.

Right now I ride a 62 Specialized Allez road bike. This new Cervelo will be used for HIM's and Ironman distance. Any advice on which frame would fit me "better" remember this is a Tri-fit.
    Thanks
    -MC
    FIt is very important on a TT bike. If you don't trust your LBS to fit you right, go somewhere else. Seriously, either you trust them or you don't. Meanwhile go to www.slowtwitch.com and read all of the articles there on TT bike fit. It is the best you will find anywhere and will give you a better idea of what you should be looking for.

Mike

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008

thanks mike

Quote Originally Posted by mprevost
    FIt is very important on a TT bike. If you don't trust your LBS to fit you right, go somewhere else. Seriously, either you trust them or you don't. Meanwhile go to www.slowtwitch.com and read all of the articles there on TT bike fit. It is the best you will find anywhere and will give you a better idea of what you should be looking for.

Mike
    I will go over to slowtwitch and take a look over there. Thanks
    -Mat