RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008

Ibex Classic 3300 - how difficult to put together?

I was thinking about ordering an Ibex Classic 3300 - they're $399 right now. But how difficult is it to put together - how much do you have to assemble? Thanks

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by trek7100
    I was thinking about ordering an Ibex Classic 3300 - they're $399 right now. But how difficult is it to put together - how much do you have to assemble? Thanks

I suggest you email or even call Ibex directly. Generally bikes like this come "dealer ready" and do not require too much.

Even with little to no experience you could do it in under an hour. On the down side, many folks who buy internet bikes feel like they need some attention from the LBS or an experienced wrench to fine tune shifting, brakes and maybe true a wheel.
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007
    I ordered a Classic 3300 as a Christmas gift for my fiancee and when I put it together for her, it wasn't a big deal at all. The instructions were very clear and they even included the tools that you need (really just a set of allen keys and a pedal wrench). However, I did swap out the fork (among other parts) so I had to bring the bike to my LBS where I just asked them to do a tune-up anyway.

If the thought of assembling the bike is holding you off, don't let it! It's a great bike at that price point.