RoadBikeReview Member

if you wanted to see Euro pro racing....

And you were living in the middle of Europe (Czech Republic) for the next two months, and you want to do it as cheaply as possible, what race would you try to see and how would you do it?

Just looking for advice. thanks guys

E Plurbus Elvis
    Two months? I'm going to interpret 'cheaply' as meaning 'in close proximity." There's not a lot of Euro Pro bike racing in Germany. You might be able to find something in Austria or North Italy though. Personally, I'd recommend you stay in the Czech Republic and soak in Czech culture. I lived Prague for about a year and it wasn't nearly long enough.

RoadBikeReview Member

Next 2 months?

Like, through late May? I'd take a train to Italy and catch a few stages of the Giro. That may be too costly or time-consuming, but that's what I'd shoot for.

waterproof*
    yeah check the Giro route and take train / bus / bike to watch one / several stages in the Alps / Dolomites.

I'm assuming by "Euro pro" you mean "ProTour"
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

duh...
    yeah, Prague is very cool... but there is more to pro racing than pro tour. there's bound to be plenty of continental teams there or nearby, just like in the US. not everyone gets to race the giro or tour

Quote Originally Posted by mikagsd
    Fat tire Fred....you are the bike god of the universe and unless someone agrees with your reasoning they are just plain stupid

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    yeah check the Giro route and take train / bus / bike to watch one / several stages in the Alps / Dolomites.

I'm assuming by "Euro pro" you mean "ProTour"
    Yep ProTour is what I should have said

thanks gents

Potatoes
    I've been in Berlin for 2 years... and despite all the grand ideas I had before coming here and popping down to see le tour, I've yet to find the money and time to do it. It's never cheap.

Unfortunately the Vattenfall Cyclassics in Hamburg is on in August.

Maybe have a look into trying to catch Paris-Roubaix or another spring classic. I'd say avoid trains unless you can book early- they're expensive and never run on time. Flying is normally cheaper and easier.

gastarbeiter
    tour de romandie - http://www.tourderomandie.ch/

Rund um den Finanzplatz Eschborn-Frankfurt- http://www.eschborn-frankfurt.de/ (probably the easiest and cheapest to get to with the night train).

Bayern Rundfahrt - http://www.bayern-rundfahrt.com
    We have differences but we're not made different. If you don't agree with me, you're wrong. - Clement Greenberg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Seems like it's far easier to watch euro cycling than it used to be.

Youtube I have subscribed to a channel called: worldcyclingchannel2

Same day as any important race they show 2 segments 10 minutes of the "hills or attacks" and 10 minutes of the final killos