RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005

Installing 25mm tire on Cyfac Gothica bike

Anybody who have tried installing 25mm on Cyfac Gothica bike? Does it fit on this bike. Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    While I don't have a Gothica, but I have the Nerv and it took it no problem.

But to be sure, you can email Veloeuropa and they'll let you know.
    VeloEuropa Imports - Cyfac USA

banned
    aclinjury is right, contact the company. There are two issues, what will fit on the wheels and what will have the clearance to fit the bike frame. I remember I called Trek about a similar issue and they told me the largest tire I can fit is 25 on my 4.5 Madone for clearance although the wheels could have taken a larger size tire.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    On my Cyfac, if I use Zipp 303 Firecrest (has 27mm brake track width) and 23mm tires, then there is enough (but just enough) room for brake and frame clearance at the rear. If I use the 303 with 25mm tire, then it will rub during out of saddle effort (when rear wheel will flex).

Based on this info, I reckon that a standard rim with a 19-20mm width and 25mm should be no problem.

So the question also depends on the width of the brake track. If width is 19-20mm, I think you're ok.

However, just keep in mind that Veloeuropa will not know every tire/wheel combo. When I emailed them about the Zipp 303 FC and Nerv, the responder (Eric himself) said he didnt have this combo to test, but he did say his HED Jet wheels (23mm wide at the brake track, ~27mm wide at the widest part of the faring) and 23mm tires clear the rear ok.

But I think you're ok.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frank bautista View Post
    Anybody who have tried installing 25mm on Cyfac Gothica bike? Does it fit on this bike. Thanks
    You also need to realize that there is quite a bit of variation between one 25mm tire and the next. Reported widths (and of course that depends on the rim used) range from 23 to 27 depending on which tire and which rim. If you have the bike you can look to see how much clearance you have between the top of the tire and the fork bridge or rear brake bridge. Putting on a larger tire means that your tire will be that much taller as well so if you use the same brand/model of tire a 25 will be 2 mm taller than a 23. You can easily see if you have the clearance. Of you don't have the bike then it's kind of a crap shoot unless the mfgr says it'll take a 28 or larger.