RoadBikeReview Member

Interesting that Specialized Prevail and Evade are at same price point

I thought it was interesting that the Specialized Prevail and the new aero style Evade are both priced at $249. Huh. You'd think the prevail would be "one down" from this technological wunder-marvel.

Also I can't find the weight of the Evade anywhere. Ya 'spose it weights more than the Prevail? Looks like it would. Think these are as cool as a "regular" Prevail helmet?

On a tangent, I'm really digging the integrated rear light on the Louis Garneau helmets! (IMAGE REMOVED TOO LARGE) A lot of my rides are late afternoon/early evening. If within bounds helmet is a helmet, is a helmet, then having this on the back seems like the standout feature of the group.
    Last edited by 9W9W; 07-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I bought my son a 29$ helmet from Costco last week that has an integrated back light. lets assume it is made by Bell.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Uhhhh.... sorry for the large pic.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I owe a Prevail. Compared to the high end Giro and Bell it's slightly cooler imho. Fit's me head much better as well. And no I highly doubt the Evade would be lighter or cooler but, they've published some incredible wattage savings over the Prevail so...

RoadBikeReview Member
    They say that wind tunnel wattage numbers and you thrashing about on your bike (especially the time savings quoted to Cavendish for furious sprints) are two different things.

For perspective: I read a graphic somewhere that 20W is the difference @ 18.6MPH between riding on the fastest rolling tire (corsa evo or something) and the slowest tire out of the dozen tested. Oh, here it is: http://www.terrymorse.com/bike/imgs/...resistance.gif

Rolling Resistance of Bicycle Tires - Bike Tires

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Yeah I think tires are super important from a crr standpoint and is why I only race on the Vittoria Corsa Evo CX.

Regarding aero helmets, I think they make sense and are here to stay, but if I buy one it will be for crits, maybe even road races if it's cooler. I'll use the conventional helmet for everything else. I have yet to try one on a ride but all the guys that have one (the Giro) say they are slightly hotter. Living down here in Phoenix staying cool is just more important performance wise than I believe an aero helmet could provide me in a mass start race.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I know it's all marketing hype, but I mostly do long rolling solo rides with flat 10m sections. The million dollar question is how much hotter is the Evade over the Prevail.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    That is the question and I'm not sure but, I think it's just easiest to find out first hand rather than rely on other testimonials and opinions. While there is marketing hype I do think of all the aero equipment being developed the helmet makes most sense to me.