Roadbikereview member

Smile It's done... Status Carb...test ride tomorrow

Got the last part today the FSA compact Energy cranks w/ ti b/b. Just need to change the cassette to a 12-23 got 13-28 right now. Here are a few pics. It weigh in @ 18.6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's done... Status Carb...test ride tomorrow-dsc00260.jpg   It's done... Status Carb...test ride tomorrow-dsc00261.jpg   It's done... Status Carb...test ride tomorrow-dsc00262.jpg   It's done... Status Carb...test ride tomorrow-dsc00263.jpg   It's done... Status Carb...test ride tomorrow-dsc00264.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

Great looking bike

I really like the look of the black chainrings and carbon fiber cranks.... The red accents are terrific... Great Build. Should be an even better ride...

Keeponsmiling.....

Roadbikereview member
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSA2392
    I really like the look of the black chainrings and carbon fiber cranks.... The red accents are terrific... Great Build. Should be an even better ride...

Keeponsmiling.....
    The cranks are the new alum compact ones, got them for $160.00. The paint on the frame is like soft black velvet to the touch.
    Rick

RoadBikeReview Member
    Red looks great. That frame was on my short, short list but I opted out for a differnt 16.5 frame - awesome stuff, terrific all-around performer, surprisingly smart sprinter. I'll bet the Fondy is as well.

RoadBikeReview Member

Sweet Ride

I want one!
    Fred

At least the martians are happy in one respect; they have no lawyers. Edgar Rice Burroughs

Calorie Counter
    Quote Originally Posted by rfrancisco
    Got the last part today the FSA compact Energy cranks w/ ti b/b. Just need to change the cassette to a 12-23 got 13-28 right now. Here are a few pics. It weigh in @ 18.6
    I like the red additions, it gives the bike a little more character. You'll like the Hi-Lite tires. I use them on one of my bikes and they seem to last forever, not to mention they are always on sale at Performance.

Roadbikereview member

Thumbs up Test ride results it's a keeper

The ride was great, a lighter frame seem to make the ride more lively, the bike responed very positve when carving a corner, like on rails. Able to ride no hands @ 20mph, while eating fig newtons, just like my Colnago C-93. ST @ 52cm C-C; TT @ 53.5cm C-C; fork rake @45mm; b/b height 26.5cm; ST angle @ 73.45; not sure of the HT angle, all these number add up to a very stable bike. Had to make a minor adjustment to my Speedplay cleats, they where mounted to far toward the outside of my feet. Switch from triple cranks to double compact cranks, lower Q-factor, keep releasing while peddling. Just moved the cleats in more, no more unexpected releases. Was really under geared 13-28, should be getting a 12-23 this week. First century next weekend, the Tierra Bella in Gilroy.

Rick

RoadBikeReview Member

Nice looking ride

What tooth rings up front? Are you riding in a really hilly area to go with the compact?

Enjoy that bike and keep the tires on the pavement!

Roadbikereview member

Chainrings

Quote Originally Posted by boneman
    What tooth rings up front? Are you riding in a really hilly area to go with the compact?

Enjoy that bike and keep the tires on the pavement!
    The Energy cranks have a 50-34 setup, I like riding in the hills around here in the SF bay area. The compact setup will give me a more useful gear ratio.And save some weigh too.

Rick

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

I can't see the pics?

Has happened on some other posts. Anyone know why?

RoadBikeReview Member

i'm sooooo jealous!

my "new" ride (it was ebayed) is pictured below and my current delema is posted here. be careful with your stem!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's done... Status Carb...test ride tomorrow-bike.jpg  

Roadbikereview member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonked
    my "new" ride (it was ebayed) is pictured below and my current delema is posted here. be careful with your stem!
    Sorry about your cracked tube, before I cut mine I must have measured it about 10 times before get the right height. I played around with the expansion wedge before I installed it, and noticed that it helps supporting the carbon tube from being crushed,when tightening the stem bolts. I only tighten the bolts snuggly. NIce Fondy there, what model?

Rick

RoadBikeReview Member
    it's a top level i scored for $500 for frame fork and headset...pretty good deal until i had to replace the fork!

RoadBikeReview Member
    ps - your bike is gorgeous, by the way