Hanging 10 bra

Javelin Barolo TT for road bike?

Well I have a very good possibility to get a nice Javelin Barolo TT bike cheap. My question is, would it be worth converting it to a road bike? It has a couple year older dura ace group on it but the frame is brand spankin new....as it was just replaced due to a crack. I already have a few nice wheel sets to add on it and change out the front end.
    Would this be a nice bike to train with?, it would be an upgrade from my felt for sure and I know it will be an aggressive stance. I can get it for a steal for 500$ and just adding new shifters and bars and I could be off riding.
    Just seeing if it would be worth it or not........

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    I found this geometry chart: http://www.javbike.com/Geometry.html which states that the Seat Tube angle is 74.5 degrees. That might be close enough to reasonably convert it, especially if you have an adjustable seatpost that allows for forward (TT) and back (road) positions.

That's not as steep as many Tri/TT bikes, which at 78 degrees is generally too steep to set up a well-handling road bike.

You may be surprised how expensive will be to convert it to a road cockpit... but I don't know how much 9-speed dura ace shifters cost these days. I am not an expert on Shimano compatibility, but I believe that only dura ace will work. You couldn't use 105 or ultegra.
    Fighting C ystic F ibrosis with C arbon F iber
    Learn More about CF here: www.cff.org