RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007

Just ordered 2 Aprisa 5600's

We have experienced a barrage of rain this year, so our local mountain bike trails are destroyed and water levels from the river are covering half of the area. Decided to order a couple road bikes to pass the time while that dries out (probably won't be until next year). Let's hope the bikes get here before the end of the week so my wife and I can enjoy our first road bike ride ever.

How have your Aprisa 5600 experiences been?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    I dont have and Aprisa, but I do have an Ibex mountain bike...and I love the thing. Let us know how you like your Aprisa! Thanks, Chris

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    post a picture or two and a ride report when you can. tia

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    I have been a mountain biker for years, and this is the first road bike I have owned. I also own an Asta Pro and it is fantastic.

I am still getting used to the position of road biking, but I can say I really enjoy how this bike rides. The 105 shifting is flawless, I can't believe how you could actually get any smoother, really. I have ridden about 50 miles on it so far.

Uphills compared to a mountain bike it is like a rocket. Extremely fast, does not give me any resistance. Downhills I feel in complete control. I just can't psyche myself out with skinny tires.

It is a great looking bike. As everyone always says, the Ibex paint jobs look MUCH better than they do online. You just can't pick up on paint fleck in pictures. The gray has undertones of blue and green in direct sunlight. My wife is in love with the color.

My wife is still having a little bit of a problem with fit. I think that we are going to go to the LBS and see if we can't get here a shorter stem. She has long legs and a short torso. She also calls the seat a "torture device". It is too narrow for her sit bones.

I will have to take some pictures and post them so you can have a look.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005
    i think i saw one yesterday. a rider who i never see at gruop rides. i waved for him to stop and look at his bike, but he kept on riding. maybe a language problem